I have a Deville, and the overdrive on it is pretty nice, but not heavy/distorted enough for what I play. I'm looking for a tone similar to Isis, or other post-rock/metal bands in that vein. I was between a few things, such as the Marshall Gov'nor or a Proco Rat. Also, would a tube screamer be useful for this?

P.S. has anyone tried one of the Vox Cooltron pedals, the Bulldog especially?
Two words. Tube Screamer.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Quote by thementor
Two words. Tube Screamer.

A tubescreamer is not going to boost a Deville to metal.

When it comes down to it, if you want to play high-gain stuff, you should look into buying a new amp, because no matter what pedal you use, it's going to be very difficult to reach a satisfactory high-gain tone with that amp.
It's a great amp, but it's made for cleans and blues.

That being said, the Guv'nor will give you Marshall-sounding distortion, but nothing heavier.
You might also want to try the Digitech Hardwire Valve Distortion, I've heard good things about it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by OceanofNoise at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by OceanofNoise
A tubescreamer is not going to boost a Deville to metal.

Basically, if you want to play metal, you should look into buying a new amp, because no matter what pedal you use, it's going to be very difficult to reach a metal tone with that amp.
It's a great amp, but it's made for cleans and blues.

He's right. A Deville, while nice, is a blues/classic rock style amp. It would be better to just save up and get a new amp.

I'd go buy a Blackheart Half-Stack b4 I'd try to jack up a Deville to metal.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Don't get the Rat. Robert Keeley Electronics stopped modding them because the quality has gotten so bad.
I should probably clarify, I don't mean "high gain" so much as I'm just looking for a beefy and thick distortion.