Hey guys, I currently own an ESP LTD M-50 which I know is pretty crappy and am wondering if I should upgrade to a Fender Standard Stratocaster from my friend who has one that is fairly new and 50$ in exchange for my used 40 gig PS3. Both are valued at 399.99 but as we all know, electronic equipment go way down when used. I play mainly metal such as Metallica and punk so I am wondering if I should take up this deal.
Strat for Metal?

No.

Punk maybe. But you need humbuckers for any serious metal.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

tell it to Iron Maiden
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
tell it to Iron Maiden

They put Humbuckers in their strats

any way, get the Strat, simply because strats are sweet, and they'll do well for punk
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by hell_monkey
tell it to Iron Maiden

Quote by melton100
this

and yngwie

Neither of which use the amount of distortion one would use to play metal like Metallica.
Just because Yngwie shreds, that does not mean strats can play metal.

TS, if it's an HSS strat, it should be fine for 'tallica and great for punk. Otherwise, you might want to hold off on it.
ESP LTD M-50 isn't crap.
Good metal guitar is the second guitar in my sig. So is the first one, but I don't know where you can find one.