well this is gonna take awhile and its gonna be a onestep at a time thing. im buying the neck soon. but heres an idea of what it will look like.... pardon my editing

Im planing on putting some emgs on this guy (not sure what kind yet) i play like grunge to metal but hey its my customization lol.

oh and instead of the floyd it will be a Stetbar (quite expensive but i eventually will get one on here.

the volume and tone knob will be replaced for show and the jackson neck is just a personal favorite of mine. let me know what you think
Is this your first guitar?
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

not having money sucks doesnt it?
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
not having money sucks doesnt it?

Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

I hope your seriously not going to put a 25.5" scale jackson neck on a 24.75" scale SG body
IMO, (even though I don't really like trems) the Floyd pwns the Stetsbar.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Why do you want to mod such a cheap guitar in the first place? You could at least do these modifications to a G-400. In my opinion that would be a better investment.
dude the only thing left of the sg is the body lol,

BTW eddie van halen made the frenkenstrat for about 190 dollars
This smells of failure...

Okay, if you've never done this before, ask someone who has to help you. I went to my buddies house, who decided to home-mod his Gibson Studio Les Paul. We had about 20 people there, and it was fun, as well as getting his guitar just the way he wanted it.

He paid us with hot wings at Hooters. It was fun.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson

Quote by Jim Harkins

well the neck is as simple as bolting it on, and im gonna have some help lol im not doing this by myself
Quote by xwarnotwords
well the neck is as simple as bolting it on

Thinking things like that is how you mess up real quick.
Buy an LTD viper with a floating trem, EMG's, and a Jackson-like neck.
let me ask you this, if the necks are the same scale, and are both bolt on, what do i need to know?
For one, if your putting it in a body thats already routed you have to make sure the heel is going to fit in the pocket perfect, as all neck heels, and neck pockets come in different sizes. Second, if its not routed, then you'll have to route the pocket, making sure that its in perfect center of the body. Thats going to require you make a template unless your Picasso with a router. I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, I was just saying, nothing is "simple" about it. It takes a lot planning.
not gonna work :P
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Your not just going to stick that jackson neck on a epi SG body. Or at least its gonna be more involved than 5 minutes with a screw driver. Probably way more involved.
Quote by xwarnotwords
dude the only thing left of the sg is the body lol,

BTW eddie van halen made the frenkenstrat for about 190 dollars

this was also in the 70's lol now that would be more like 550.

and a floyd cannot go in a sg body it is too thin. if you try you will ruin it. take my word.

EDIT you want a stetsbar? i hope you have 350usd for one.
The neck won't fit. It's way too wide.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I would use a Kahler trem, a top mounting one, as they are closer to Floyds and are cheaper, too. Most likely, this isnt gonna work too well. Jackson's have a longer scale length, and you would have to place the bridge farther down the body for the neck to fit. I would save up for an Epi Prophecy SG EX and put a Kahler/Stetsbar or whatecer on that, as it already has EMGs and fancy knobs.