I got some cash for Christmas and i wanna buy an effects pedal.

Something i can play around with and get a few sounds out of..

I got like 100 dollars. U.S

Probably a distortion pedal.

I play heavy metal style music.

Metal-coreish.

Eg a7x (thier older stuff)
Bullet for my valentine.
Bring me the horizon.

So what kind of distortion pedal would i get?

i'm using a squier classic vibe telecaster and a small 10 watt amp..

I heard good things about the Boss metal zone.

And Metal core pedals.

what do you guys think?

i knowi won't be able to get a really good sound but at least help me get a metalish tone out of them,

I don't care if the tele is bad at metal.

its just a plain 10 watt ss amp btw

thnaks alot!
Put that money towards a amp!

but if you really need a pedal perhaps a Metal Muff
Metal Zone = Terrible.

Metal Core & Metal Muff = Amazing

You shouldn't be so worried about playing a Tele... a 10w SS amp is never going to sound fantastic no matter how many pedals it has running through it.
Metal Muff ftw. Probably the best distortion pedal you will get for under $100

But if I were you I would save up for a new amp
hold on, sorry but metal stuff like that through a tele?
that might be weird?
it will work, but its just a head scratcher

as said metal muff is your best bet unless you want to just save money
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Buy a new amp, it'll be a much more cost effective use of your cash.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
but i only have like 300 U.S dollars and its only for in my room?

I thought a better way to get a nicer tone would jsut to buy a pedal or two and play that through my amp

What about the smaller size metal muff?
I cant find the full size metal muff?
the one with jsut like 4 nobs on it, ther one with two nobs and one with three nobs.
none are the full version
Well you thought wrong, you're much better off getting an amp - go to a shop and try a Roland Cube and Peavey Vypyr....do NOT buy a Line 6 Spider or a Marshall MG.

No amount of pedals will stop a crap amp being a crap amp, and most crap amps are bad enough to prevent a good pedal doing the job it's supposed to.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jake911
Put that money towards a amp!

but if you really need a pedal perhaps a Metal Muff

+1 to both ideas
Quote by steven seagull
Well you thought wrong, you're much better off getting an amp - go to a shop and try a Roland Cube and Peavey Vypyr....do NOT buy a Line 6 Spider or a Marshall MG.

No amount of pedals will stop a crap amp being a crap amp, and most crap amps are bad enough to prevent a good pedal doing the job it's supposed to.

i remember this one time i had my friends ds-1 running through my old practice amp and for some reason it sounded exactly like the amp's distortion

trust me, save up for a good modeling amp like a vypyr or cube, if you take a distortion pedal you wont have that thick metal sound when running through a solid state
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i remember this one time i had my friends ds-1 running through my old practice amp and for some reason it sounded exactly like the amp's distortion

trust me, save up for a good modeling amp like a vypyr or cube, if you take a distortion pedal you wont have that thick metal sound when running through a solid state

Agreed. Metalcore has a real thick chug to it, you wont get this out of a distortion into a solid state. The roland cube or vyper would be a great choice, also will have different amps for different sounds you may get into. And the classic vibe tele isnt a bad guitar at all, i wouldnt worry about upgrading it before an amp. However it will get quite loud with feedback and humming if you turn the amp up loud with the gain up.
new amp...for sure... who cares if ya only got 300. do you have a job? save up another 100 or 2 and you can get an amp that will provide enough distortion you wont need a pedal.
Mm yeah i may buy an amp.

And yes it is a squier, but this is not liek a bullet or anything.
It seems much much better quality then other cheaper squiers and there is reviews of people saying they are as good as MIM fenders,

Btw havent played a MIM fender much so i cant compare.

meh, I like the feel of the guitar i may need to cahnge pups later but meh.