Hey friends, I hope you guys can help me out. I got a hdtv on christmas, beautiful tv looks amazing but its sound quality is kinda dull. So Im planning on buying a suround sound system. I really dont know much about suround sound, could you guys recomend me some, I would really appreciate it. my budget is 200.

thanks
Tip #1 - Dont go cheap, the better SS setups will sound much better than the cheap ones...this is true for most audio gear.

Tip #2 - Look for one of those all in one boxed sets at a circuit city or something and look up reviews. Keep an eye out on slickdeals.net as well as you can save money with that site.

Tip #3 - Dont go for those "micro" speakers...they lack bass and some mid range most of the time. Most of those kits have a powerful woofer but that just doesn't make up for it...
Look for some good sized speakers in a kit and be sure the connections on the amp/receiver are good for your new TV.
I connect most of my video gear with HDMI and link audio with the fiber optic cables. This gives the best results and supports High Definition at 1280p.

Some of those boxed kits are quite nice for the price but I doubt you will find anything worth your time and money for $200. I suggest doubling your current budget, you will be much happier in the end.

If you have any other questions on this setup feel free to send me a PM