Page 1 of 2
have any of you guys heard of this movie? its somewhat of an indie film from what i gather, and its only playing in select cities, but i watched it tonight and i'd recommend to everyone to watch it. the movie is amazing, has anyone here seen it?

trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzbwV7on6Q
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Last edited by gun4hire at Dec 30, 2008,
Haven't seen it yet, I've heard amazing things about it though.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
I've heard of it and it got a really good review. Looks interesting.
XIAOXI
Quote by soulflyV
My dad actually wants to see this movie, which is crazy because the last movie he saw was Jurassic Park and he fell asleep half-way through it.

YEah, it's one of those movies I watch when I can't sleep because it remedies the problem fast.
XIAOXI
Quote by soulflyV
My dad actually wants to see this movie, which is crazy because the last movie he saw was Jurassic Park and he fell asleep half-way through it.

go watch it with him. you'll both love it
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
It actually sounds pretty good going off the synopsis on IMBD.com. I'm not desperately going to watch it but if the opportunity arises I'll certainly see it. I quite like Danny Boyle films, especially Trainspotting.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

That's funny,
I just watched it tonight without even hearing about it before.
It was a pretty good movie.
I've heard this film is good. Although I have noticed that on the advert there's a newspaper quote which says that there are 'a million reasons to go and see this film'. Being a bit bored I've worked this out to mean:

The film is 120 minutes long. This means there are 8333 reasons to see this film per minute; this means that there are 138 reasons per second to see this film; this means that if it is filmed on 35mm film (which is 24 frames per second) there are 5.75 reasons to see this film per frame.

The long and short - must be pretty damn good!
I watched the other night ,,,,,,awesome movie ,,,i n-joy it ,,but I also felt sad
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
I watched it a week or two ago.

I thought it was awful...complete waste of time.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
OVERRATED

Its cool the first half of the movie, then you just sit there thinking "I get it, I seriously get it already"
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
It's my second favorite movie, next to The Searchbar.

I actually haven't seen it, but seriously, there was a thread on it a couple days ago.
kill all humans
Quote by alaskan_ninja
It's my second favorite movie, next to The Searchbar.

I actually haven't seen it, but seriously, there was a thread on it a couple days ago.

12-30-2008, 06:21 AM

Do some research before you act like a dick. I'm almost 100% sure this was the first thread on it, the other one was posted later.
When the kid gets a black eye it changes from the right eye to the left eye in between camera shots.

Ooh yeah.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
When the kid gets a black eye it changes from the right eye to the left eye in between camera shots.

Ooh yeah.

Dammit, I can't believe I missed that. I always check for things like that when I see a movie.

Quote by montyburns
There's a whole bunch of Indian people, I'll hate it.

I thought so too, but it's not your traditional Indian film.
It's no 'create your own Bollywood scene' movie.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
WON 8 Oscars damn good movie
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
i liked it, but i didnt think it was as great as everyone is saying it is.
i really found parts of the plot to be a bit thin... i mean, even though it's a true story, i couldnt believe the whole thing. it was just like "ohh come on..."
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
After all the hype i dont think im even gonig to watch it, i watched the 1st 5 mins of the oscars pre show thing on sky 1 and heard "slumdog millionare" about 50 damn times.

I hate when stuff gets overhyped
So, who else here was made to feel paranoid and slightly 'let down' (but not by the hype) by this film?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by instagata0
i liked it, but i didnt think it was as great as everyone is saying it is.
i really found parts of the plot to be a bit thin... i mean, even though it's a true story, i couldnt believe the whole thing. it was just like "ohh come on..."

ain't no true story on that movie ..come on

and even if it is mhmh very hard to believe it ...
Saw it last night, really good film, not the greatest and it is abit overhyped, but i'll definatly get it on DVD when its out.
Quote by DigUpHerBones
So, who else here was made to feel paranoid and slightly 'let down' (but not by the hype) by this film?

Yeah it was a good film, but didn't quite live up to all the hype. Isn't amazing, but its made realy well.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Yeah it was a good film, but didn't quite live up to all the hype. Isn't amazing, but its made realy well.

It was the fact that everyone I know, and all the media, saw it as a great 'feelgood' film, but the crap in the film is real and the fairytale is just a fairytale.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Are you kidding? Indie?

Hahaha
Shows how little attention Britain gets in America... This is the first of many brilliant british films made to get the attention it deserves across the Atlantic.

It's won 8 oscars and it desevres them all

Saw it with my girlfriend and we both agreed it was worth the hype its had over here.
Quote by samtberg
I've heard this film is good. Although I have noticed that on the advert there's a newspaper quote which says that there are 'a million reasons to go and see this film'. Being a bit bored I've worked this out to mean:

The film is 120 minutes long. This means there are 8333 reasons to see this film per minute; this means that there are 138 reasons per second to see this film; this means that if it is filmed on 35mm film (which is 24 frames per second) there are 5.75 reasons to see this film per frame.

The long and short - must be pretty damn good!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I'd never heard anything about it at all until it was advertsied on the TV like "OMFG THEY'RE GOING TO WIN ALL THESE OSCARS!!!"

Still haven't seen it, still don't want to see it, don't understand the hype.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Saw it, thought it was quite good. Didn't know it won 8 Oscars though, that seems a bit much to me. I mean the lead actor was definitely good, and I guess maybe the host of the show, but those are the only two that come to mind.

IMO The Dark Knight should have gotten more than Slumdog. I can't think of a single roll in that movie that wasn't perfectly cast and very well acted.
We're only strays.
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
Are you kidding? Indie?

Hahaha
Shows how little attention Britain gets in America...

Actually originally although not technically an indie film, it was originally not going to get shown in cinemas, and go straight to DVD, they thought they where lucky to get it in selected cinemas. That was when it was originally filmed anyways.
Isn't it actually a NOT-AUTHENTIC Indian film?

If you are gonna get into world films at least do it properly.

La Haine anyone? Give that 10 Oscars.
Last edited by Jackolas at Feb 23, 2009,
I thought it was hilarious. The bit where he farts is the best.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Last edited by breadstick at Feb 23, 2009,
saw it, thought it was very good. deserves best director but not best picture. Dark Knight is the best film of the last 5 years IMO. Ledger should have won best actor, not supporting
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Quote by mattiwillohouse
saw it, thought it was very good. deserves best director but not best picture. Dark Knight is the best film of the last 5 years IMO. Ledger should have won best actor, not supporting

How's he supposed to win that if he wasn't in a leading role?
Page 1 of 2