Can someone recommend a solo ( not tooo hard ) to play on a talent show? I though Under a glass moon solo by john petrucci would be cool to play, but i dont know...
Bump by Don't

Sweet Child o Mine by GNR

Cannon Rock by TSO

Cliffs of Dover (if you are good)
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

farewell ballad- zakk wylde
canon rock- Jerryc if you're good and have time to learn it properly
In a soundcheck there's never too much guitar. Just not enough of all the other instruments.

Quote by skwelcher
i dont think theres any reason to buy a gibson when you can buy an epi that looks the same
The Talent Show Medley arranged by Chris Feener, there's a couple of takes of it on youtube so go look it up, learn it and completely own EVERYONE!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I thought you wanted something 'not too hard', then you go and mention Under a Glass Moon, which might be one of the hardest solo's in the history of solo's.

Oh, the irony.
I would say canon rock. Simply because, it'll look better playing a song almost everyone knows. Versus playing a song no one knows. IMO
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The Talent Show Medley arranged by Chris Feener, there's a couple of takes of it on youtube so go look it up, learn it and completely own EVERYONE!

Damn, I checked that out and it was pro!
Quote by Mwoit
Damn, I checked that out and it was pro!

You're damn right it was He should totally have won both that and Guitar Idol.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Cathedral, that'll melt the panties right off the girls watching
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
i say stick with under a glass moon. That solo is wicked.
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Why don't you just improv in like the Am pentatonic octave position, with heavy distortion, and squealing harmonics?
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
YYZ - Rush
La Grange - ZZ Top
Messiah Will Come Again - Gary Moore. (I know the original is by Roy, but Gary's version is so much better)
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Since you wanted to do a John Peturcci song and decided against it, I'm going to assume you have the technical ability. So how about doing the generic thing and take a classical song and transpose it to guitar? Maybe something like Bach's Cello Suites?
Recuerdos de la Alhambra
Romance
Leyenda
COB Vivaldi's Season's cover
Texas Flood

it all depends on your skills.
Quote by BucketheadX
Can someone recommend a solo ( not tooo hard ) to play on a talent show? I though Under a glass moon solo by john petrucci would be cool to play, but i dont know...

WTF!?
I played at a talent show, played cathedral by van halen as an intro and improved the rest just doing a bit of tapping some good old classic soloing, and i won. it was cool. The other day me and my band did a show at our school, and i had decided to do a solo and when it came down seconds before it, i was like ok .. sweep picking intro, then just go with it, so i did, and i guess the crowd enjoyed it, and i had fun. So pick something you enjoy playing, whether you wrote it or not.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust