Quite a refreshing track. Recording quality not great, but helped by the drums and bass. Vocals are good, maybe sing with a bit more enthusiasum. Best bit for me was the slow bit, really worked well. The transition into the upbeat rock wasn't perfect but hey lol. Overall, a well crafted peice, just sort out your guitar tone, it just didn't seem to have enough character and drums...they were okay and well played, just try getting a mic kit for them to mic them individually.

C4C ? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033671
Orophin
Good comment, buddy, and I agree quite a bit about the guitar tone (seeing as how I'm the guitar player who played it, ha). Our recording equipment is obviously basement stuff, and I've been frustrated for quite a while with not being able to get the guitar to sound like it does out of my amp. Any tips you have would be great.

We're at the stage now with this song where we are mainly just working out the kinks, but drummers are super hard to come by for us, and the guy on that track is an old friend from high school band who was home from the Navy for Christmas. The day he played the recording was the first day he learned the song, lol.

Thanks for the comment. The quality of your recordings is fantastic, by the way.

Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5
Epiphone SG Standard
Oscar Schmidt OG10CE Acoustic-Electric

60W Peavey Studio Pro 112

Boss TU-2 > Homebrew Electronics UFO > Dunlop Crybaby > Catalinbread Hyperpak > Digitech Bad Monkey > Behringer DD400
hey i had a listen it was quite good. the quality was decent enough, i mean it gives it that homemade character, you could hear all the parts and its no worse than than the quality of any other recording on UG or myspace. Yeah the guitar could maybe be louder and and sound less fuzzy , like the speaker is blown, but it was good. And what i loved about the lyrics was that they were personal and a bit awkward and cringe worthy, but the fact that you carried it with honesty is what makes the song
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
overall vision for the song is strong...vocals are mostly pretty good with some pitchy spots...arrangement is alright but i'm not sure about the tempo change cause it brings the whole song to a screeching hault...maybe if it was shorter i'd like it more...nice time to introduce the solo...well played but i'm not sure about the overall tone of the guitar...it's a little dirty for this song maybe...nice job tho'

cheers, d

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033219
i thought the recording quality was okay but the singers voice was great. i would've prefered slightly less gain on the tone of the guitar but other than that i have no complaints. c4c!
Thanks for the comments. I know I didn't post this, but I am the guitar player, and I'll try to comment on all you guys' stuff as well, for kicks.

Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5
Epiphone SG Standard

Boss TU-2 > Homebrew Electronics UFO > Dunlop Crybaby > Catalinbread Hyperpak > Digitech Bad Monkey > Behringer DD400
Vox are great. The song is pretty awesome overall. I kind of like the guitar that way it is. Maybe a little less gain, but I sort of like it. Maybe just cleaner, brighter gain.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I was going for that, but some sort of side effect of the recording fuzzed up the zone a lot... It doesn't sound even remotely similar to what's coming out of my amp.

I actually kind of like the effect for the solo, but I really don't care for it throughout the majority of the song where I play rhythm. Glad you like the song though!

Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5
Epiphone SG Standard

First off, this isn't my type of music but I thought it was really awesome. The vocal melody and rhythm is different then most of its style and I thought it work good.

The rhythm guitar wasn't as loud as I'd prefer but everything did work well.

Good job

If you don't mind, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=17990868#post17990868
Last edited by Ze_Metal at Jan 4, 2009,
thank you all for all of your comments, i will be commenting shortly on yours and make sure to mention this song to others just to get more stances of opinon!
Multi-Instrumentalists FTW!!!