What do I need to make my band website successful, easy to pick up by search engines, good page rank.

And what are neccessities to have within the website

I need urgent help UG! my band are just about to make theres

can anyone help me?

we already have our myspace

and thats gunnar be our layout we think

www.myspace.com/hellforgother
Are you paying commission? If so, Ill make it for you.

I can provide SEO optimization, make a site map for you, and even make it flash based if youd like

Also, to make your page rank increase, try to post links to your band on alot of sites (without spamming), as the higher number of links leading back to your site, the higher your rank gets. Search engines look for sitemaps to determine what pages will come up, for what searches and keywords.
Not much of course, im not sure on a price but its definitely not alot...I hate when people take the little money musicians have. I would only charge cuz it would take some time
Remember when making websites to keep the design as simple and elegant as possible. Never go over the top, but then again don't just have text.

some good examples of sites are google, and the firefox page. Look around at other popular sites and you'll set they all share the similarity of being simple.

Also take a look at other band pages. Good luck.

(Oh nearly forgot, be sure to add music to your site, whenever I few band pages I look for music to see if I like them or not.)
-J
Remember to have lots of sounds and animations where possible. And if you can, a flashing background and badly contrasting text/background.
Don't be afraid to use lots of clip art and you definitely need hit counters on the page.
I recommend making the website in geocities.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Remember to have lots of sounds and animations where possible. And if you can, a flashing background and badly contrasting text/background.
Don't be afraid to use lots of clip art and you definitely need hit counters on the page.

That would be the best site ever.
Quote by hellforgother
^ SOunds really appealing, have you got some examples of your work?

Yeah actually, can you PM me? I cant release the site yet
Quote by Gaz_m2k5

those badly made beginning-of-2000 websites everyone had
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by hellforgother
so on a more serious note, what do i need?

In terms of buying stuff, some webspace and a domain name.
mythpace durrrrrrrr..... jk jk jk. do you have a mac? do you have iweb? ever thought of making one on there? are you sold on that first guys idea? should i shut up now?
Mah Geah:
The Dreaded T-Bird
Ampeg BA115
Boss Bass Synth
Boss Bass Overdrive
Blue Steel Strings
Clayton Picks
Monster Cables

Coheed and Cambria: Rush, Iron Maiden, and Star Wars had a baby.
Quote by bballshea183
freewebs.com they are free and easy and bollocks and bullshit.

Corrected.

Anyway, this is my band website. I can work out something for you if you want it this simple, but I don't really know what I'm doing.

www.harpsichoid.co.uk

It's not that successfull though, I've only had about 2300 views of it since it went up in September, so my myspace is doing a lot better.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by insideac
Are you paying commission? If so, Ill make it for you.

I can provide SEO optimization, make a site map for you, and even make it flash based if youd like

Also, to make your page rank increase, try to post links to your band on alot of sites (without spamming), as the higher number of links leading back to your site, the higher your rank gets. Search engines look for sitemaps to determine what pages will come up, for what searches and keywords.

EW
EW
EW!

Full flash sites are a BITCH to SEO correctly.

OP, just get something that had a good colour pallete. Easy to navigate and simple. Buy a template and learn from that if you want.
Don't forget to use loads of gifs like this

In fact, use them instead of bulletpoints in band history for +20% record sales.
myspace is easier and a lot more people will see it
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"