yellow arrow = amp
red arrow = speaker

small box amp sits on the speaker?

also what's the name of this kinda setup?
Last edited by kaystreet at Dec 30, 2008,
ummm head + box?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Yellow = Amp head
Red = Speaker cab

The head sits on top of the cab in most cases, and it's called a halfstack. If you add a full complement of speaker cabs to the head it's called a fullstack
ohai little sig.
Quote by kaystreet
full stack > half stack?

1 speaker's not enough?

It usually is, depends on the output of your head.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

Quote by Jk3y
you couldn't have just searched google could you...

yea because entering 'what do the red and yellow arrows mean' into google will help
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by Jk3y
you couldn't have just searched google could you...

Quote by ihavenoname93
yea because entering 'what do the red and yellow arrows mean' into google will help

if you have nothing better to say, then keep it to yourself. no one will call you a mute if you shut up. and by the way i've tried reading up but was confused so i asked it here. tards
Quote by Final !mpact
A full stack doesn't mean its louder or better sounding. Someone explain it better

A full stack won't be louder as the same amount of power output is split across more speakers, but you will get better sound projection and dispersal, so it will sound 'fuller' in a larger area than with a single cab
ohai little sig.
this question is explicitly answered in the forum announcement. seeing as how you have been here for almost 2 years now, one would think you would have learned to read the things at the top of the forum or at least do a search.