Quote by sebbsmith
Being a big fan of hardcore and an old MCR fan I really can't decide if I like this band. What do you guys think?

http://www.myspace.com/leathermouthlives

Too cliché?

♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by FFTLxx

No, I wasn't asking others to form my opinion.
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
I started a thread on them a while ago and the band got mostly positive reviews.

I really like this band, its just the fans that piss me off
Last edited by The Spoon at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by The Spoon
I started a thread on them a while ago and the band got mostly positive reviews.

I really like this band, its just the fans that piss me off

This.
They're not THAT good, but they're decent.
I can't do it, just knowing that someone from My Chemical Romance is in involved ruins this band for me.
Iero should also play guitar in it

Also when does the CD come out
Gingers Unite
Quote by sebbsmith
No, I wasn't asking others to form my opinion.
-

Quote by recklessnick
oh so you wanna see what people think, and you can base your opinion on that?
-
i was pleasantly surprised by his vocals, i didnt know he had it in him.

but in all honesty this smacks of trying to regain some credibility. the US version of fightstar, if you will..
Quote by recklessnick
the band is good, the threadstarter is not.
you cant decide if you like them or not?
oh so you wanna see what people think, and you can base your opinion on that?

No, I'm just interested in what others think, considering a member from My Chem has made a band like that. No need to be a dick.

They'd be better if they didn't use so many clichés, like yelling "one, two, three, four!" because you can't think of anything else to yell. Sonically, I think they're a great band but Iero's lyrics are a little cringey at times. Still, I think he deserves much respect for having the balls to make the band he wanted to make, despite being a member of one of the most sucessful pop bands of this decade.
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Last edited by sebbsmith at Jan 2, 2009,
Quote by sebbsmith
No, I'm just interested in what others think, considering a member from My Chem has made a band like that. No need to be a dick.

They'd be better if they didn't use so many clichés, like yelling "one, two, three, four!" because you can't think of anything else to yell. Sonically, I think they're a great band but Iero's lyrics are a little cringey at times. Still, I think he deserves much respect for having the balls to make the band he wanted to make, despite being a member of one of the most sucessful pop bands of this decade.

alright, i apologize, i think i misunderstood.
he was in a band called pencey prep before mcr, in case you didnt know. they sound pretty similar to leathermouth i think. and wikipedia stated that frank iero played guitar for give up the ghost, im not sure if its true, maybe he just temp-ed
Last edited by recklessnick at Jan 2, 2009,
That was actually much better then I thought it would be. Do they have any other songs?

And also isn't the O with the cross through kind of Underoath's trademark?
Quote by recklessnick
alright, i apologize, i think i misunderstood.
he was in a band called pencey prep before mcr, in case you didnt know. they sound pretty similar to leathermouth i think. and wikipedia stated that frank iero played guitar for give up the ghost, im not sure if its true, maybe he just temp-ed

Apology accepted Yeah I read that too.

I thought the XO meant kiss and hug
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by recklessnick
i thought that was the symbol of atheism

I don't think so because Underoath is a christian band and they use it. I don't think it has any significant meaning, I think it's just something band use to make their os look cool I guess.
I think they're just swell . Can't wait for the cd. And at least he doesn't yell go every song.
These guys went undercover for a good while. I remember hearing them when MCR was writing The Black Parade if I remember correctly.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
The cd came out on the 27th
i gotta pick it up
i acutally got into them bc i love my chem but i also listen to hardcore and death metal so i was like yay! heavyness! lol
Haha I thought this thread was about Leatherface and was just a mistake. Oh well. BUt really. This band is a mistake.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Quote by startXtoday
i don't know about leathermouth, but leatherface rules.

This is the type of stuff I can stand behind.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Right now I'm really into Leathermouth as Iero even said it would be a totally different musical direction from MCR and its the type of music he wants to play. Quite frankly, their new material is pretty awesome like the song 'Catch Me If You Can'.
then again I'm into things like Dillinger so this isn't that new to me.
I really enjoy this band. Theyre fun to listen to, who cares if the vox are complete crap.
love is love // return to dust
Quote by recklessnick
i thought that was the symbol of atheism

it's the symbol for zero, nought or nothing

also, i really like this band.
i think it's good that frank can go back to his roots and pursue a project like this, especially after rising to fame with a band and turning into mainstream.
Last edited by 21scotty12 at Jul 16, 2009,
i like the band, i just think the vocals could be improved loads
Quote by nashawa
Demon(s) is on Guitar Hero 5???????????

Sweet Zombie Jesus!
Great Odin's Beard!
Sweet Mexican Santa!

I have a reason to buy GH5 now...

Quote by MustangMan311
Jazz bass solo? YESSSSS.