Does anyone like Pendulum?

I'm really into their new album, not quite so much a fan of Hold Your Color though.

The drumming is abit plain as well.

Theyre awesome live though, best show I've gone to.

Showdown, Different, Propane Nightmares, Midnight Runner, The Other Side, Granite, Slam, Blood Sugar and The Tempest are awesome!
I haven't heard any of their music for a couple of years but I remember them being a bit too synthy for me.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Does anyone like Pendulum?

I'm really into their new album, not quite so much a fan of Hold Your Color though.

The drumming is abit plain as well.

Theyre awesome live though, best show I've gone to.

Showdown, Different, Propane Nightmares, Midnight Runner, The Other Side, Granite, Slam, Blood Sugar and The Tempest are awesome!

You're an idiot.
Its Drum & Bass, the beat they use is the basis of it.

Well, i say drum & bass, more like drum & shit.
You should listen to real DnB, Clipz, Original Sin, DJ Hazard, Spor and not this crap that Pendulum became.
NOIZE
Hold Your Colour was amazing! Used to just know them for Slam, as it somehow made it into the rock night set every week, but looked into HYC and found it to be mindblowing. Pretty much every tracks a winner, especially Fasten Your Seatbelt, Out Here and Streamline.

In Silico, however, is ****. Two decent tracks, and they're the last two, it saddens me to see how bad theyve become. Although their set at Creamfields was really good.
Pendulum haven't been good for years. Vault and such back in the day were quality tunes, they're just **** now.
Quote by alteredgod
You're an idiot.
Its Drum & Bass, the beat they use is the basis of it.

Well, i say drum & bass, more like drum & shit.
You should listen to real DnB, Clipz, Original Sin, DJ Hazard, Spor and not this crap that Pendulum became.

You have your head up your ass, and seriously, if you're gonna go off on Pendulum, you can't follow it up with artists who make music that sounds like they made it on their cellphone or other artists who make beats using the same god dammed packaged drum samples over and over. Hold Your Colour is one of my favorite albums in dnb for just plain rocking out to, and this is coming from a kid who favors such music as neurofunk and minimal techno.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
You have your head up your ass, and seriously, if you're gonna go off on Pendulum, you can't follow it up with artists who make music that sounds like they made it on their cellphone or other artists who make beats using the same god dammed packaged drum samples over and over. Hold Your Colour is one of my favorite albums in dnb for just plain rocking out to, and this is coming from a kid who favors such music as neurofunk and minimal techno.

I think that's your problem. You're not supposed to rock out to it. Pendulum get grouped in with rock nowadays and they're nothing of the such. They're DnB sell outs.
Quote by Ikonoklast
I think that's your problem. You're not supposed to rock out to it. Pendulum get grouped in with rock nowadays and they're nothing of the such. They're DnB sell outs.

I rock out to dance music. It has nothing to do with rock at all. Please do not talk to me about dnb when I produce, spin, and participate in the drum n bass community,
Quote by MedicreDemon
I rock out to dance music. It has nothing to do with rock at all. Please do not talk to me about dnb when I produce, spin, and participate in the drum n bass community,

And i don't!? Pendulum, by anyone that knows anything about the genre, are like the dnb equivalent to The Jonas Brothers.
Quote by Ikonoklast
And i don't!? Pendulum, by anyone that knows anything about the genre, are like the dnb equivalent to The Jonas Brothers.

And that makes it not okay to "rock out" to them? What am I supposed to do? Sit there quietly and stroke my chin? Even the people on dogsonacid.com liked Hold Your Colour and they're all nerds who obsess over neurofunk
Quote by MedicreDemon
And that makes it not okay to "rock out" to them? What am I supposed to do? Sit there quietly and stroke my chin? Even the people on dogsonacid.com liked Hold Your Colour and they're all nerds who obsess over neurofunk

Well good for them, but Hold Your Colour isn't PROPER DnB, and is ridiculed in the community.

I've seen a good portion of the crowd leave to go and have a cigarette when Pendulum come on.
Quote by Ikonoklast
Well good for them, but Hold Your Colour isn't PROPER DnB, and is ridiculed in the community.

I've seen a good portion of the crowd leave to go and have a cigarette when Pendulum come on.

I dont see how this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCKpzP5SGYw
or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRv1wBTd_iY&feature=related
or even this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ9JT1WOGjk&feature=related
aren't dnb. Aside from two breaks tunes on the albums, its all about subs, big breakbeats, and 170 bpm. They even got some reeses and amens in there, and they're pretty well done reeses and amens, maybe not noisia or teebee-level of awesome, but I dont think they're aiming for that sound.
I like Pendulum, and thats all that matters. I couldn't give two ****s about what some other prick thinks about the,.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I love Pendulum.

I couldn't class them. They're different to most DnB I've heard. They're not really rock. And they're not really dance (thank holy f***). But they make me want to have a good time, so that's all I care about.
back to you proved they could make badass future beats drum and bass (but i doubt any of their "fans" have even heard of that tune").

what annoys me is they found a format that sells with the clownstep ****, and just latched onto it. it was like the more they released, the more they became parodies of everything that was bad about jumpup dnb.
Blood sugar was the pinnacle of their obnoxiousness. that melody makes me cringe...

also, my friend booked them for an event.
it cost 10,000 pounds and 5 star accommodation for a ****ty 40 minute (should have been an hour) set (no band, just djing), where only two of them showed, and only one of them did any mixing.
they did a ****ty mix that was exclusively their own stuff off the first album.

fair play if a band can start commanding more money per show, but they should still at least ****ing work for it.
what makes them so valuable that they can demand 10 grand for doing very, very little?
when was the last time they played out at a rave for people who have been supporting the scene?
they have severed any ties they may have once had with the DNB scene, and good riddance really.

pendulum are a joke.
and they are laughing at everyone who buys into them.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Last edited by FunkasPuck at Jan 14, 2009,
^^Wouldn't say they're laughing at everyone who buys into them. The sad thing is I think they're taking this new, frankly awful, angle pretty seriously.

EDIT: Which is mad because the difference between everything on In Silico and older tunes like Masochist, Vault, Spiral and Back to You is enough to make me sick. I like Blood Sugar though.

I'm not a massive DnB head by any means - I like Noisia, Andy C, DJ Hype, Subfocus, TC, love High Contrast and Logistics (and pretty much anyone else on Hospital records) etc so couldn't really say whether Hold Your Colour is drum n bass by purists standards. It sounds nothing like any of the older jungle tunes I've heard since, but without that album, I'd probably never even given any sort of DnB a chance at all.

So good on them for that I say. You guys can argue about HYC's classification and credibility all you like - I think its top.
Last edited by Abe at Jan 14, 2009,
I hate elitist people. These DNB elitists are nearly as bad as the metal elitists, perhaps even worse.

Pendulum have found a niche in the market for people who like to listen to Dance music but also like Rock music, and I think their music is interesting. They've no more sold out than Kings of Leon have sold out.

Its good music, very well crafted, I hope Rob Swire wings more in the next album though, he has an amazing though.

Pendulum was the best live show I've ever been to. It wouldve been better if it wasnt the stupid MC prancing around and shouting at us.

Quote by FunkasPuck
when was the last time they played out at a rave for people who have been supporting the scene?

Pendulum plays shows for whoever wants to buy a ticket.

If the DNB people dont buy tickets to their shows, theyre not going to play for DNB people anymore.

Youre an idiot.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jan 14, 2009,
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Pendulum plays shows for whoever wants to buy a ticket.

If the DNB people dont buy tickets to their shows, theyre not going to play for DNB people anymore.

and thats why the dnb scene has disowned them.
they turned their backs on it, so they got disowned.

If they DO want to acknowledge their roots and actually do some djing, they demand far more cash then they are worth for doing a bad job at spinning exclusively their own tunes (which is an arrogant thing for a DJ (not band before you jump all over that comment) to do.). they demand 5 star accomodation, then do a completely half arsed job.
they'll be crap mixes, they'll just be going through the motions, nothing fresh "shall we do tarantula first this time, instead of another planet..."
They played out for just over half of their alloted time, then pissed off with the money. an hour isnt even a particularly long set.
and they didnt even go near the drum and bass tent where dom and roland played out for twice as long for soooo much less money, and even chatted with the crowd after.
if they are drawing big crowds as a band thats one thing, but this wasnt the band. it was one djing, one watching
it was like they thought they thought they were better than everyone else,
so **** them.

and dont call me an idiot.
Interesting point on them being cut off from the dnb scene.

Pretty true though, and if they're applying a rockstar attitude (money now, might play like **** but you're paying to SEE us, and not hear our music) to disc jockeying, then they can **** right off.
I dont really care either way because Hold Your Colour STILL rocks. I like jump up, sorry.
Quote by MedicreDemon
I dont really care either way because Hold Your Colour STILL rocks. I like jump up, sorry.

stevie hyper d must be spinning in his grave.
Why the hell does everyone hate Pendulum? I'm just wondering exactly, I don't see anything wrong with them. Then again, I don't really listen to much DNB.
Eh, Pendulum are alright in small doses. Not convinced that the new album is that great as it just relies too much on the same sound and formula.

They sounded great when I saw them unfortuntely I couldn't see much as they were wreathed in smoke the whole time. Also, there were quite a few wankers in the crowd bouncing around with cigs :/
Hold your colour was sweet
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by JohanthePirat
Why the hell does everyone hate Pendulum? I'm just wondering exactly, I don't see anything wrong with them. Then again, I don't really listen to much DNB.

the routine for this thread seems to be someone asks "why does everyone hate pendulum so much?"

then someone explains.

then someone else asks "why does everyone hate pendulum?"

repeat ad infinitum.

Quote by sweet.oblivion
Not convinced that the new album is that great as it just relies too much on the same sound and formula.
:/

also, this.
Pendulum are great, i think i prefer hold your colour because im into that pure drum and bass sound, In Silico was good though, the band have really evolved. My favourite song is Another Planet
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I like Pendulum. But In Silico sounds like they decided to veto all bass frequencies, it sounds thin as a morning after curry shit.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Thought id bump up the pendulum thread as their new album 'Immersion' is out on the 24th of May
They've realeased previews for all the songs on youtube, which can be viewed on their myspace, sounds brilliant
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Really diggin their sound at the moment, any other guys that are similar??