Hi, I want to write ballads... stuff like Fade to Black, Sanitarium, One, Cemerery Gates, Stairway to Heaven, Return to Serenity.. the same kind of music u know...

What do I need to know? I know some open chords like D,Dm,E,Em,A,Am,G,F,C...
I know a little about intervals like fifhts, major 3rd, tritone and some small stuff like that.... and dimisnished/augmented chords..

any tips on how to jam? >.<
Give me instructions please! :P

thanks and bye
Quote by unnamed123
Hi, I want to write ballads... stuff like Fade to Black, Sanitarium, One, Cemerery Gates, Stairway to Heaven, Return to Serenity.. the same kind of music u know...

What do I need to know? I know some open chords like D,Dm,E,Em,A,Am,G,F,C...
I know a little about intervals like fifhts, major 3rd, tritone and some small stuff like that.... and dimisnished/augmented chords..

any tips on how to jam? >.<
Give me instructions please! :P

thanks and bye

i think as long as you use a slow tempo and weave melody into the music you should be fine
Tritones is a must. You mentioned Fade To Black and Sanitarium, both of these use open strings combined with different shapes moved around the neck, you could try that. I dont remember the Cemetary intro right now but if its classic Dimebag-style it uses some really odd shapes who sound good. You should also need to know about the modes. I wont explain them now but theres this rigmarole (or whatever) that makes you remember the order of the modes. As you might know they are:
Ionian Dorian Phygrian Lydian Mixolydian Aeolian Locrian

"I Dont Particulary Like Modes Anyway, Lucy"

I think it was Matt Heafy (of Trivium) who learned it from his guitar teacher.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!