Okay so I got a Boss FV-50 for Christmas. Well I tried the thing and it worked like it should, control the volume. However it didn't jsut control the volume, it also controlled the gain. If I had little volume, it was almost like I played it on a clean channel. And if I pushed the thing to the bottom the gain would come. Why isn't there any distortion when I have little volume???
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
your profile says youre using a tube randall

with a tube amp, distortion comes from playing the amp loud, the volume knob on your guitar will have the same effect

you could try the pedal in the FX loop if you have one
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
your profile says youre using a tube randall

with a tube amp, distortion comes from playing the amp loud, the volume knob on your guitar will have the same effect

you could try the pedal in the FX loop if you have one

Yeah I think I got a FX loop.. But this pedal worked the same with my MicroCube aswell...
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
it doesnt make a difference whether its SS or tube really, if your using distortion from the preamp (which you probably are), and you want to reduce volume without reducing gain, put it in the effects loop.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
it doesnt make a difference whether its SS or tube really, if your using distortion from the preamp (which you probably are), and you want to reduce volume without reducing gain, put it in the effects loop.

So that would solve everything? Great!!! I just need to buy two more cables then.
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

So that would solve everything? Great!!! I just need to buy one more cable then.

But wait... Can I have both my Zoom G2 and the Boss through the loop on the same time?
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
It depends, if you are strictly using it for just the effects, yeah it will go in the loop like this:

guitar>pre amp> Effect processor> volume pedal>power amp in

If you are using the distortion on board the processor, then you need a set up like this:

guitar> processor>pre amp> volume pedal> power amp in
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by woodsballplayer
It depends, if you are strictly using it for just the effects, yeah it will go in the loop like this:

guitar>pre amp> Effect processor> volume pedal>power amp in

If you are using the distortion on board the processor, then you need a set up like this:

guitar> processor>pre amp> volume pedal> power amp in

No I never use the distortion from the Zoom. But what do you mean by "pre-amp"
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by fila_93
No I never use the distortion from the Zoom. But what do you mean by "pre-amp"

by preamp he means effects loop send, and by power amp in he means effects return
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
It worked like a charm when I put it in the effects loop, thanks a lot!
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube