I have the original crybaby i got it around Feb 07, and i noticed a few months ago that it no longer has that sweep thing that wah pedals do, i havent played it much over the last cpl of months so i kinda forgot about the problem, im gonna replace it soon most likely with the Weeping Demon, cause i heard it was pretty sweet, esp the Autowah feature, anyway, what could be the problem with my crybaby, i opened it up and everything looked fine, but im no electrician
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain 1967-1994
the sweep thing?

you mean you turn it on and it sounds like its stuck in one position even if you rock it?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
sorta, it has a bad crackling, (i guess is the word) sound. and most of the time, its like you said it doesnt really change, sometimes ill just click it and keep it down to do that Tom Morello dj scratch thing, and it will sorta wah itself or if i move it, the tone does a 180 even if i barely move it
sounds like the pot's shot

you could try replacing that but it may well be the inductor or simply one of the smaller components has failed
well what are the pots? i only know how to play i dont know much about the parts of equipment lol, well a better question is where would it be located
when you move the pedal there is a mechanism inside that turns a knob inside the pedal as you move it. this turning of the knob makes the wah sound the way it does when you move it

thats a super basic description of what goes on.

its a fairly simple job to replace if you know your stuff about electronics. if youre at all in doubt i'd suggest taking it to a tech although for the price it may well be time to invest in a new wah =[

if you were in the UK i'd buy it off you and convert it into a volume pedal
oh ok i understand now, im thinking about getting a new 1 anyway, like i said before the Weeping Demon from ibanez, but ive never played it but i saw reviews on youtube, what would you recommend? wah pedal wise?
i havent tried many out tbh

i guess by the WD choice you're after a modern sound

the dunlop 535Q is popular round here, and the crybaby from hell is pretty similar.

i think morley do some good ones for heavier sounds
I would recommend a Vox or a Dunlop 535Q, the weeping demon is horrible. Also did you try replacing the wahs battery?
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
yea i have new batteries and im using the power adapter, but why do you say the demon is horrible, and why the 535q, any help is appreciated
Quote by TargetHHH101
yea i have new batteries and im using the power adapter, but why do you say the demon is horrible, and why the 535q, any help is appreciated

The Demon just sounds really fake IMO, and they have major tracking issues (i.e. the the pedal position won't match up to the actual sound most of the time) the 535q is just a good versatile Wah pedal that can get modern tones.

Last.fm
awesome, thank you, i will definitely consider the 535q now
yea the 535 has all the bells and whistles you could ever need

the vox is very vintage sounding, one to avoid if youre playing modern music
yea i play a modern style isnt the 535q the one with selectable wah ranges?
Quote by TargetHHH101
yea i play a modern style isnt the 535q the one with selectable wah ranges?

I'm not sure if the range is selectable, it has a resonance (Q) control though, which has a pretty profound effect on the sound.

Last.fm
cool, and i heard the dimebag model was pretty bad ass, i heard a sound clip on musicians friend but is it accurate?
i think the big silver knob on the 535 is the range knob. its pretty similar to the dime model IIRC
cool, thanks for all the help, im leaning towards the dimebag model,
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i think the big silver knob on the 535 is the range knob. its pretty similar to the dime model IIRC

it's a filter resonance control, but I think it might also control the range a bit too.

Last.fm