I'm trying to study harmony, and my teachers suggested that I use a piano to visualize notes better. Thing is, I don't have 40 bucks to buy a keyboard. I've searched and there are many crappy keyboards online that only play one note at a time, don't hold the note, can only use the mouse... Can anybody recommend a good keyboard program to study harmony at the convenience of my own seat?
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
I can't think of any good programs for learning, but I know that most cheap Yamaha keyboards are great for learning. When you're starting off, you should put some stickers on your keys and write which note each key plays.
this thing is alright I guess http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/

its kind of wonky for me though it randomly decides to have 2-4 notes as the maximum you can play at one time it might just be my keyboard though.

if you can save up for a cheap midi controller keyboard definitely do that though. you can get a decent one for under 100 bucks and using that with "freely available " soft synths can get you some seriously great sounds to play with.
Quote by princess piggy
this thing is alright I guess http://www.bome.com/midi/keyboard/

its kind of wonky for me though it randomly decides to have 2-4 notes as the maximum you can play at one time it might just be my keyboard though.

if you can save up for a cheap midi controller keyboard definitely do that though. you can get a decent one for under 100 bucks and using that with "freely available " soft synths can get you some seriously great sounds to play with.

Ah! Great! Thanks! Yeah, the note max is 2-4 on my computer too, I never found out how to get rid of that nuisance...
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.