i apologise if this is thread should be somewhere else, but i didn't know where to put it.
my graphics cards a ATi Radeon Sapphire X1950 or something and i've had it for a few years now and its more than capable of running Fallout 3 on medium graphics, and it had been doing this fine, no lag whatsoever or anything, so i upped textures and a few other things to high but it was basically the same settings. and it ran it fine. and the i went downstairs for a bit and came back up and the screen was black and it was saying there was no input signal. i checked all the connections and they're fine, but its still not working. any idea whats happened and how i can fix it?
in the mean time im using the graphics card it came with which is fine for normal use but terrible for gaming
Had that on my old card, which however was a Geforce 8800GT....Anyway, yeah it looks like your card is a bit ****ed up. It should be normal when you just restart the PC, but it is likely to happen again. I don't know how to (if even possible) to fix this, I changed mine after the 2nd time it went black...
ive restarted several times and nothings working, i think its just died. thanks though
Get a program that checks temperatures from inside your pc, and look at how high the temperatue is in your graphics card in windows and then in the game. If it jumps up too much, try lowering the settings. This card is 2 years old and shouldn't run Fallout 3 on high settings anyway.
it ran it fine though for a good couple of hours and it wasn't struggling at all. and it can run a lot of other new games fine as well (far cry2, call of duty world at war) on fairly high settings as well with no lag.
and how do i do that temperature checker if i cant see whats happening cause the graphics card doesn't work? :S
Definately overheated/fried a chip.

Leave it off for a few hours then try changing the settings down again or put a heat-sink on it.

If no change your gonna need a new card.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
clean the gunk out of the mouse
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by Freddedonna
Get a program that checks temperatures from inside your pc, and look at how high the temperatue is in your graphics card in windows and then in the game. If it jumps up too much, try lowering the settings. This card is 2 years old and shouldn't run Fallout 3 on high settings anyway.

END.

OF.

THREAD.

Happy holidays!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Did you check inside the case? Of course if it's saying no input signal it might be the monitor, so try and borrow one from a friend or something and try it out with that. At the moment I think it'll most likely be the monitor, the connection inside the case or the connection outside the case and on the monitor (but you've checked them so it probably isn't that).

Hope it helps

EDIT: after reading what everyone else said, if it's overheating, you could upgrade the fan.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by frankibo
it ran it fine though for a good couple of hours and it wasn't struggling at all. and it can run a lot of other new games fine as well (far cry2, call of duty world at war) on fairly high settings as well with no lag.
and how do i do that temperature checker if i cant see whats happening cause the graphics card doesn't work? :S

My dad has an application called speed fan that monitors the temperature and adjust the speed of the fans and everything, it's free as well I think
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
my ati (4870) came with a program called Smart Doctor, it also monitors fans and temp and keep it cooled always
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...