I recently acquired an Ibanez S2170 prestige Purple Chameleon finish(blue,purple,red,gold,silver,green). Its an amazing guitar and in my opinion the best Ive ever played. The finish is also beautiful, it changes colour depending on the angle you look at it and the brightness of the light. Took me ages to find the guitar in stock because it's a discontinued model. what do you think?

question:

Does it matter if Guitar's action is higher towards the E + A string and lower at the higher E + B strings, because I like my action low but the lower strings buzz if its too low but the hgher stings are fine?

thanks

green

purple and gold

green and blue

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by VikingK0ng at Dec 30, 2008,
That is f*cking amazing. The colours I mean.

The action shouldn't be too much of a problem, assuming the difference isn't crazy. If it is, it may lead to neck warping, although easily stopped with truss rod adjustment.
Adjust the truss rod and u should be fine, but man oh man, that’s one hell of a beauty.... amazing color you got
Ohmigod that's beautiful

And yes that's fine, that's how I have my guitar set up.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
That is one amazing guitar.

And, usually, it's hard to get super low action on all the strings, uniformly. So yes, it's quite normal for the thicker strings to be a bit higher.
Thanks!

Ibanez S2170 Purple Chameleon finish
Vintage SG
Roland Microcube
Digitech overdrive
Digitech HEAVY METAL
Dunlop Crybaby
That will make a great stage guitar man.

Don't worry about the action as long as it's comfortable and the buzzing doesn't come through the amp
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I may have to steal that absolutely beautiful instrument.

Otherwise, congrats, man! Ibanez kick @ss!!

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000