So my friend asked me if I will be able to get muse tones with my superstock I don't know bc I don't know what muse sounds like lol so will I be able to get muse tones? Ive always heard his tone was mostly a zvex fuzz

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

He only uses the the Fuzz Factory on 3-4 songs at most, and there is no single 'muse tone'. Your friend needs to be more specific.
Quote by ginjaninja

That's outdated. He uses a Diezel head, and a Line 6 POD now, among other things that I don't know of.
or search it on uberproaudio its mostly fuzz tones of some sort, he uses a lot of effects too, check out muse wiki too itll have a good amount of info
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
He doesn't actually use that many effects anyway. A good solid distortion with a fuzz, phaser and whammy will do fine for nearly all Muse songs.
Quote by thellamaking
He doesn't actually use that many effects anyway. A good solid distortion with a fuzz, phaser and whammy will do fine for nearly all Muse songs.

+1 on whammy. You seriously need that if you've ever seen them live. He has this wacky whammy/synth/whatever pad on his guitar that he just rapes with his pick and it makes CRAZY noises.

But yeah, distortion, phase, fuzz, and whammy will cover nearly all I believe.

Plus you need sick skills.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Quote by echo_4190
He has this wacky whammy/synth/whatever pad on his guitar that he just rapes with his pick and it makes CRAZY noises.

I believe your talking about the korg kaoss pad 2! he has it built into his glitterati manson, kaoss manson and seattle manson. i want one, lol
A zVex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Whammy and a Kaoss Pad will set you up fine
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
yeah, stop trying to get matt's tone, unless youve got money coming out of your ears to buy a diezel amp, then you'll never get it right. And even then, it would take ages to master just one of his many different tones.

but if your really serious, get a good fuzz, distortion, delay, whammy, phaser
I'd say a fuzz factory alone gives you a pretty good overall musey sound, they do sound great, and very hendrixy also. you can get some normal sounding fuzz from it as well as mad ossilation and screaming siren sounds. Though, you will need a couple more effects to get the exact tone right, if one was so inclined :P
Deizel VH4 and an old marshall, so its gunna cost ya! Oh and the Korg effect units built into his Manson guitars will play a part. All in all, you're looking at spending a monstrous amount of money if you wanna do it properly.