Well for Christmas I got my amp. Before getting it I was using my neighbours Roland Cube 15.

I went to the store and tried a Roland 30 a few weeks before christmas, I liked it, then the store was having a sale about 2 weeks before christmas, I went and tried out a Randall 40w, I liked the sound better, and it was about $100 cheaper than the Roland 30, so I chose the Randall as my christmas present and now use it.

It seems everyone around here uses / prefers Roland cubes, so I don't know
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Do you like the sound? If you do, that is all that matters. You tried both of them and found that you liked the Randall, that is why you went with it.

You will get varying opinions from everyone because they use a certain product. go with what you like and what makes you happy.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
I have a Cube 30X and love it but who honestly really cares what a bunch of people on the internet think of your amp? If you prefer the tone and what have you then good for you, you made the right choice.
i have roland cube that i bought used for 100 bux...if i wouldnt have gotten a good deal on that i would have looked more into other ****.... randall has some nice stuff man. as well as other companys. if you like it thats all that matters.
Yeah true, well I didn't see the Cube 30 the day I bought the Randall so I didn't get to try it again in comparison on the same day, but the Randall sounded great and I still like it.

Also a pedal could make it sound better than it is, I'll go try some, but if it doesn't do much I won't worry.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Not a bad idea, use the $100 you saved to make up for whatever your amp may lack. Get a cheapo boss OD or something.
haha it was a christmas present and the other $100 was used at the iron maiden online store lol :P

But i have $100 of my own money I might look at that Digitech Death Metal one, never tried it, or any pedal in fact, except the one that came with the amp to swtich between clean and distortion. So I'll have to go have a look at it.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Rio said it perfectly, all that matters is what YOU think of it and what YOU want, because in the end, all we can do is give you advice .
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
if your going for a dist pedal...try a lot of different ones. personally i have never been big on digitech. Metal Muffs are sick. The boss Metal Core pedal is pretty nice. or maybe get a OD to boost the dist you have? if you go that route just try everything and find something that you really like.
never buy a pedal that has the word "metal" in it if you like your amp's distortion.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Well I really don't know....

I'll try whatever they have, hopefully they have an amp there which resembles mine which i can test on. main ones are the digitech death metal, and BOSS OD i guess. and that boss metalcore if they have it there. If I get the Digitech one, would it change the sound completely? (Stupd question I know)

oh and why, nutinpwnsgibson?
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic
Quote by EddyPlaysMetal
Well I really don't know....

I'll try whatever they have, hopefully they have an amp there which resembles mine which i can test on. main ones are the digitech death metal, and BOSS OD i guess. and that boss metalcore if they have it there. If I get the Digitech one, would it change the sound completely? (Stupd question I know)

oh and why, nutinpwnsgibson?

why are you buying a distortion pedal if you like your amps distortion, i dont get it
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
well I didn't know if a pedal would sound better or not. I mean I like my amps but I think it probably could be better.

Anyway I went and tried some today and the 'Death Metal' digitech sounded crap. then I tried this Digitech 'Heavy Metal Master' or something and it sounded great, but for an extra $150. Think I'll save up and get one.
Olp MM1
Digitech DF7
Randall RG-40r
Tanglewood Acoustic