sorry if there's already a thread on this but when you make the transition from Standing Up/ Sitting Down will it be weird for a while.
It probably depends on the person but yes, for me, the move from sitting to standind will feel weird at first, especially for the first time.
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
another noob question but do i need to keep the guitar at an angle - i have poor eyesight
Keep it how ever you feel comfortable playing. If you have it at an extreme angle though, it may be bad for your playing (and playing posture) so try not to make it too extreme. I personally play with my bass headstock pointing about 25-30 degrees up from level, but I used to play it much more than that, and before that, level. It's all down to what you feel comfortable with.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Why would playing sat down be different to stood up? The only difference would be if you have you strap stupidly long. The way mine is, the guitar is in the same position...
i rember trying to stand up and play awhile back...I couln't play well standing

Quote by sidj0n
im 17 almost 3 years and im self teached:P

Gess no one taught you english.

Q: How do you get a guitar player to play softer?
A: Give him some printed music
Quote by King of King V
i rember trying to stand up and play awhile back...I couln't play well standing

Guess no one taught you E nglish.

Q: How do you get a guitar player to play softer?
A: Give him some printed music

I'm not even going to point out the irony in this...
Quote by Xoth
I'm not even going to point out the irony in this...

Ironically, you just did
Quote by tattyreagh
sorry if there's already a thread on this but when you make the transition from Standing Up/ Sitting Down will it be weird for a while.

The first few times playing standing up will probably be a bit wierd, yes. That said, you get used to standing up very quick, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. My first attempts at playing standing up were hopeless, but it became natural pretty quickly. As others have said, try and set your strap up so you're holding the guitar in a similar position when you stand as when you sit - it'll never feel exactly the same but with a bit of messing about you can generally at least get your fretting in hand in the same position relative to the neck.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Dont try it way to low.

My mate was playing with like his strings round his groin, and ****ed up his fretting wrist cos it was at horrible angles.

But I've kinda got used to it, I lower my strap every couple of weeks so I'll be playing low soon.
I keep my guitar right around 'junk' level and it suits me fine. I play in a more classical style sitting down (guitar over the left knee/thigh at an angle), so it's a completely different experience, but I find with the guitar a bit lower then waist level there's less tension in my arms so I'm able to pick and fret more fluidly.

Playing while standing is a skill that has to be practiced just like any other. You have to get used to the weight of the guitar, the position of your hands, and the fact that the guitar is able to move around. As far as keeping the neck at an angle, it's up to you. Hold it however is most comfortable.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
The first few times it feels really weird. I remember making myself do it even though it was so akward because I didnt want to get in a habit of just playing while seated.

Generally speaking if I have to concentrate and I'm trying to learn something new I sit but otherwise I like to stand. when I just pick up the guitar to mess around and relax I always stroll around while I'm playing.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
yeah , i'll need to adjust the strap when i'm standing. when i'm sitting its fine but when i'm standing i'm like tom morello (strapwise not playing wise )