Well I have a solid state Fender Deluxe 900 90watt amp that's speaker is broken, it seems like it. I'm trying to decide if I should take it to go get it repaired or if I should just spend $700 for a tube amp. The only thing is, I don't plan on gigging anytime soon (probably not until the next 2 years), so it might be a waste of money to buy a tube right now. I called around to places, but nobody could give me an estimate on how much they will charge me to fix it.

I know your gonna ask what's wrong with it. I keep getting this popping and stactic-like sound out of the speaker. I already bought new cables and that didn't fix it, so...

Cons: It'll cost money to get the damn thing fixed.
I don't like how my gain sounds, anyway!
I'm not gonna be gigging anytime soon, so why pay $700 for a new amp?
$700 is a lot of money

Pros: I would love to own a tube amp
A tube amp would sound so much better than the one I got
It seems as if the cons outweigh the pros. So based on your own feelings I would say just fix it.
are you positive its the amp?

check the input jack in your guitar, it might be loose or even have a bad soldering job.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by chriskellerbob
It seems as if the cons outweigh the pros. So based on your own feelings I would say just fix it.

Spend $700 fix an amp that TS doesn't find fitting? How do the cons outweigh the pros?

With that money you could get a good used amp AND an attenuator if you needed one, since you'll only be practicing at home. I wouldn't sacrifice tone for something easier, but that's just me.

* ^+1, I don't want to be saying just get a new amp because I agree to a point with your OP.
Quote by dudey5691
Spend $700 fix an amp that TS doesn't find fitting? How do the cons outweigh the pros?

With that money you could get a good used amp AND an attenuator if you needed one, since you'll only be practicing at home. I wouldn't sacrifice tone for something easier, but that's just me.

* ^+1, I don't want to be saying just get a new amp because I agree to a point with your OP.

Agreed. I recommend a Peavey Classic 30, may be able to find one used for cheaper if you're lucky. If you're into metal, you might be able to find a 5150 used for not a lot of money! If you're into blues, and cleans really matter to you, it seems like a Blues Junior or Hot Rod Deluxe would work nicely. Just some suggestions, hope this helps!