So I joined a hardcore band a month ago and I'm not a big fan fo hardcore but I have to write all the music because no-one else can, I play guitar.
So I've come up with this Post Hardcore (IMO) sounding thing.
The bass player in my band isn't good so ignore the bad bass line and the drummer does what he wants so ignore the drums to.

Tell me what you think of it, i'm looking for suggestions ect.
Attachments:
UGZIP.zip
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Not bad, I definitly would like to hear more of it. I suggest making the intro longer with a melodic high guitar part after the first couple of bars. Thats if you have two guitars in your band. I am not sure if it would fit into the post hardcore style, but I think it would sound cool.
Quote by howrylak1
Not bad, I definitly would like to hear more of it. I suggest making the intro longer with a melodic high guitar part after the first couple of bars. Thats if you have two guitars in your band. I am not sure if it would fit into the post hardcore style, but I think it would sound cool.

Good to hear, I haven't actually organised it into a song yet, I usually do that when I get together with the band.
And I love melodic riffs/solos over progressions but I'm the only guitarist, hence the blend of rhythm and small lead parts.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Nice work. Sounds like the darker side of post-hardcore to me, in a good way. The leads are cool and the tempo change doesn't feel forced. I enjoyed it
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Quote by _deathrip
WTF
This aint HC.
HC is Terror, Madball. Not this ****

Read the original post.

POST-Hardcore.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
I would really like to hear more before I properly comment on it merely because I can't comment on what you have except the guitar track which seems to be working well. Fix up the bass and drums a bit ofc. The chorus to the song and the faster verse afterwards is probably the strongest bit right now. Good start 7/10.