I just bought the performer 500 monster cable, any good reasons to return it spend an extra 20 bucks and get the studio pro 1000? Its the connect an amp head and cab.

Thanks
Quote by etays69
I just bought the performer 500 monster cable, any good reasons to return it spend an extra 20 bucks and get the studio pro 1000? Its the connect an amp head and cab.

Thanks

Truthfully, cables don't make THAT much of a difference on your tone, unless it is a really long cable. You should be fine with the Performer 500. It's a Monster Cable, after all!
It depends on the length. If you need a really long cable its better to buy a high quality one. However, really cables don't make a huge difference.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
I can somewhat agree with what is said above me, the longer the cable the worse it gets but that shouldn't be a problem for you. But what you really should look at is good shielding, low capacitance and ofcourse reliability. IMO you can use anything with "ok" price to connect everything like amps,cabs and effects if you keep them close together but you should use a higher quality cable to your instrument.

Atleast that's what I do
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger