http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TBX150H-Tone-Blaster-Xtreme-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=480946

Your gonna say that this amp sucks and is too cheap.
However, I'm a firm believer in more bang for your buck (no sexual puns intended)
Its gotten great reviews, all from ppl who play the genre that I play, being hardcore/metalcore and screamo.

I want you to keep in mind, this is right down my budget ($200 - $400) and I'm not gonna be able to save up again until the summer and I need a head for gig purposes. Plus it comes with 36-month gold coverage (making the final product price $299.98)

So, is this a pretty decent deal?
I started to not trust reviews and actually try them in person. I would have six or seven crap guitars now if I listened to reviews.
Quote by tonedeafidiot
Everything gets great reviews on musician's friend.

"JUST GOT THIS ITEM THREE MINUTES AGO AND GODDAMN IT IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER USED. I HAVEN'T EVEN PLUGGED IT IN YET BUT IT IS AMAZING. 5*, WOULD BUY TWENTY TIMES OVER!"

OP, you'd be much better off spending your money on a B-52 AT112.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Dec 30, 2008,
The distortion is usually horrible on inexpensive amp heads, TRY IT OUT.
♪♫♪
92% percent of the teen population would be dead if Hollywood said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 92% who wouldn't be breathing.
Quote by Raijouta
"JUST GOT THIS ITEM THREE MINUTES AGO AND GODDAMN IT IS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER USED. I HAVEN'T EVEN PLUGGED IT IN YET BUT IT IS AMAZING. 5*, WOULD BUY TWENTY TIMES OVER!"

Excuse my language, but you don't have to be a smart-ass about it. I was just asking if it was a decent buy
get the B-52 AT 112 you WONT regret it
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
Sounds nice, but I'm not lookin for a combo amp. I've already got one
I'm looking for an amp head for bigger venues

You can plug it into a cab, and it will be louder and sound 20x better than any other head (or combo) in your price range. 60W tube will be about as loud as 150W solid state.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You'll get mic'd at bigger venues.

Gigs=/=need for halfstack
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
what is the combo you have now? trust me, you dont need a half stack. whenever i see people with half stacks at gigs, theyr always miced up anyways...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Ok right now i'm running a 65w Ibanez MIMX
It doesn't have the cabinet plug in feature
However, my amp is on the fritz because of some moisture thats gotten into the wiring and internals

I've wanted an amp head for a while, and, I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, this isn't an open debate. I've set my mind on an amp head and thats what I'm gettin.

I don't have the money to afford a nice, all tube amp, and I probably wont for another year or two. I'm either gettin this amp or possiblly a Randall thats $100 more

Please, stop trying to be sales reps
The B-52 has a speaker out, man. It's basically a head with a speaker attached.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TBX150H-Tone-Blaster-Xtreme-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=480946

Your gonna say that this amp sucks and is too cheap.
However, I'm a firm believer in more bang for your buck (no sexual puns intended)
Its gotten great reviews, all from ppl who play the genre that I play, being hardcore/metalcore and screamo.

I want you to keep in mind, this is right down my budget ($200 - $400) and I'm not gonna be able to save up again until the summer and I need a head for gig purposes. Plus it comes with 36-month gold coverage (making the final product price $299.98)

So, is this a pretty decent deal?

Im pretty sure Digital Bravo has one of these, i'd ask him about it.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
I've wanted an amp head for a while, and, I'm sorry to put it so bluntly, this isn't an open debate. I've set my mind on an amp head and thats what I'm gettin.

Then don't come crying back when you realize you just wasted your money.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

+1

If you wanna ignore good solid advice, then go ahead, waste your money.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
^ i won't
I'm not stupid
I'm testin the amp out before I get it. I'm almost positive a local music store has this exact same amp, just for a higher price
Its just cheaper online to purchase
Sound>Look of a head
-Gear-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 60/81
Orange Tiny Terror
Gibson Hawk
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
^ i won't
I'm not stupid
I'm testin the amp out before I get it. I'm almost positive a local music store has this exact same amp, just for a higher price

You're not an idiot yet you want a below par SS amp over a decent tube amp just coz it's a head.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by 3rdActguitarist

Please, stop trying to be sales reps

Sales reps tend to try and talk you IN to buying crap, they don't try to talk you out of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com

Buy the facking toob combo you idiot! it'll sound 10x as good as the ibanez and be just as loud! Plus you won't NEED a cab but you COULD get one and hook it up!!!
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by MatrixClaw

+1

if you already know what you want, why are you asking for advice?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+1

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by 3rdActguitarist
^ i won't
I'm not stupid

hate to break it to you, but you are being stupid. first you say you're set on the amp, and now you're saying you still arent sure and that youre gonna try it out first. by the way, what cab do you have?, i dont think you've told us yet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by DaddyBarbs

Buy the facking toob combo you idiot! it'll sound 10x as good as the ibanez and be just as loud! Plus you won't NEED a cab but you COULD get one and hook it up!!!

This
B-52 At-100 anyone?

I got mine used for 350 with footswitch.
Esp JH-200
Austin LP Copy
Esp DV8r
Epiphone Faded G-400 SG
B-52 AT-100 Head
Peavey Royal 8
Last edited by blackinside79 at Dec 30, 2008,
i will never understand why people come here, ask for advice, and then tell us they dont want to hear what we have to say.
i think that should be a perma ban, because when you buy that POS amp, i do not want to read your next thread about upgrading it. you dont deserve our help.
you are welcome to return to this website when you grow up, though.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Peavey windsor?

usually $350 for the head at my store. Sounds good to me. Definitely metal with a tube screamer in front of it.
This is the first "review" on MF for the Ibanez transistor amp...

"THIS AMP IS AMAZING! this amplifier is nothing short of incredible! i compared it side by side with two other high end tube amps, *cough*marshall*cough*MESA*, and it blew both of them out of the water! it can do ANYTHING! anything from Bach to BB king to Black metal! this also pairs well with 7 strings and other ibanez guitars. dont hesitate buying this!(along with the matching cabs)IT IS PURELY AMAZING!"

THIS GUY IS LEGIT!
Last edited by customisbetter at Dec 30, 2008,
the ibanez = Shit

the b-52 = amazing
or a peavey windsor head
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Also, that Ibanez amp takes a 4 ohm cabinet. Did you custom wire yours to 4 Ohms or does it have a nice Impedance switch like my Randall?
Most cabinets i have seen are 8 Ohms.

to answer you original question...

No. It is not a good deal.
Last edited by customisbetter at Dec 30, 2008,
Just to put it into perspective...

You can get each of these used for Under $300 bucks... And its possible because I did it with ease. And all of which are well known amps and side by side would slaughter that tone blaster. Hell the Ampeg and Ultra still get heavy use by a number of bands...