I have listened a little bit.. couldn't really bring me to buy their album though
There's something living in these lines.
i've done that too! (except for the making out part). really like this band, although one of my favourite songs, 'time birth spilled blood,' doesn't have much of the vocals they're known for.
When I saw the title, I thought you meant the Black Flag song, and thought of Rollins making out
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Rise Above forsure.

If you get into that a good deal, get The Glad Fact. I can't find it anywhere online, but Lit From Below might be the sweetest thing i've heard in a long time.

EDIT: Bayum.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Dirty+Projectors/_/Lit+From+Below
Last edited by Bmm386 at Dec 31, 2008,
Quote by bah humbug
When I saw the title, I thought you meant the Black Flag song, and thought of Rollins making out

Well, you weren't far off. From wiki: "While the disc could be considered a concept album, the main idea and driving force is an attempt by Dave Longstreth to rewrite the entire Black Flag album, Damaged, from memory."

Pretty funny idea. I like what I've heard from them, but I've never been compelled to get anything by them. I bet I'll give 'em another try one day.
before and immediately after this album came out i was super into DP, but i haven't listened to them much recently.

they did a song with david bryne that is going to be on some comp that is coming out in the next couple months. should be good.
Quote by Bmm386
Really? Where might i find this?

erm...slow response! Dark Was The Night

also, new album was announced.

Bitte Orca

01 Cannibal Resource
02 Temecula Sunrise
03 The Bride
04 Stillness Is the Move
05 Two Doves
06 Useful Chamber
07 No Intention
08 Remade Horizon
09 Fluorescent Half Dome
Quote by opivy21
Well, you weren't far off. From wiki: "While the disc could be considered a concept album, the main idea and driving force is an attempt by Dave Longstreth to rewrite the entire Black Flag album, Damaged, from memory."

Pretty funny idea. I like what I've heard from them, but I've never been compelled to get anything by them. I bet I'll give 'em another try one day.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to misinterpret this as a Black Flag reference...and as far as I'm concerned any band who lists the almighty Flag as one of their primary influences can't be all bad in my book -- and in fact, might actually be really good. I'll have to check these guys out; thanks for the heads up!
I need to relisten to Rise Above. And get Bitte Orca. Stillness in the Move and Knotty Pine get stuck in my head alllll day
i've listened to Rise Above (the album) quite a few times and i still don't know what to make of it.
I love Dirty Projectors. No Intentions is definitely one of my favorite songs ever. It's so good
bump because the new song is pretty neat. http://www.dirtyprojectors.net/

i think the time away from hypeland did them good, both for their music and for me. they sound focused and i'm no longer feeling like they've worn out their thing.
Quote by uhh_me?
i was super into DP

also, ha.
New album is pretty great and that isn't something that I thought I would think at this point in time.
I like it better than all of their other stuff.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump