This is available locally and I could go take a look at it if it seems like a good deal.

It is a Fender MIM Strat Wine and black with all original equipment.

Serial Number: MZ2206737 which would put it at a 2002.

They are asking $300.

Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Last edited by Rio38 at Dec 30, 2008,
I think it's a bit pricey from what I've seen from American eBay, but it's a sexy as hell instrument, it has to be said. If you like it and feel it's worth it, go for it.

...but barter a bit first.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by jessplays
Yeah, it's a little on the high side, but worth it if you've got your heart set on it

What? Most places won't come down past $400... much less $300. Some will deal to $350 if they need to move some. I would jump on it for that that.

EDIT: Wait, thought it was NOS. Then $300 is fair for it.
$300 seems like a good price, if it plays right than definitely
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Great looking guitar. Did you have try it to see how it felt in your hands?

The price appears right from what I can seen on Ebay. There's one like that on ebay with a starting price of $199. No bids yet. It's local so you'd be saving on shipping.

I'd grab it.
To the TS, where in PA are you located? If you are sePA, I know a shop with the blue version of that guitar for $200
noob question but does MIM mean its mexicano because ive never seen the term MIM outside of UG, if it does mean mexican then get an american because its not that much more but a hell of alot better
Quote by BucketHayden
noob question but does MIM mean its mexicano because ive never seen the term MIM outside of UG, if it does mean mexican then get an american because its not that much more but a hell of alot better

1) Yes, it does mean it's Mexican-made.
2) MIA strats are $600 more than MIMs, I don't think you know what you're talking about
A MIM neck or MIA neck can be just as good or bad. A MIM or MIA can be just as resonant or dead. MIA just has better pickups and tuners.
Quote by eurotrashed
To the TS, where in PA are you located? If you are sePA, I know a shop with the blue version of that guitar for $200

I am in SE PA. In the Reading area. What shop are you referring to?

I know that it is a Mexican and not an American so it will not hold its value as well as the American Strats, but it would still be a nice addition to my collection as a beginner. I have never really been a Fender fan, but I think, as a guitar enthusiast, you have to own at least one of some sort.

I am looking forward to seeing what the tone sounds like and what upgrades I can do to it if necessary.

I am picking it up Friday night, so we will see.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Last edited by Rio38 at Dec 31, 2008,
you could get one quit a bit cheaper, like 200, and i've seen some for $150 as well.
but that strat looks like its in perfect condition, i think i'd go for it just cuz it looks so unique, and the fact that its pretty much brand new(well thats what it looks like anyway)
Quote by stratdud39
you could get one quit a bit cheaper, like 200, and i've seen some for $150 as well.
but that strat looks like its in perfect condition, i think i'd go for it just cuz it looks so unique, and the fact that its pretty much brand new(well thats what it looks like anyway)

That's what I was thinking. I, for some strange reason, like the wine color and matte finish and it looks flawless from the images. I will find out Friday when I go to try it out and pick it up.

From the description it was an ambitious learner that played it only a few times and quit.

Also, where did you see them for $150-$200?
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by stratdud39
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=mexican+strat&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=mexican+made&_osacat=0

theres one for 200 there.
but if you really wanna find some, just look around, i just saw them in local guitar stores and local guitar center

I think I might troll some local shops and see what they have at GC before I go for this one. I have two days to think it over.

Thanks guys.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by Rio38
I am in SE PA. In the Reading area. What shop are you referring to?

Kutztown Music Exchange. I'm not sure if he still has it though, I'm going into town in a bit, I will check
Quote by eurotrashed
Kutztown Music Exchange. I'm not sure if he still has it though, I'm going into town in a bit, I will check

I'm only about 30 minutes from Kutztown. Check it out and let me know, I would be willing to drive there to look at it.

I canceled the buy of the wine colored one, I might change my mind back in the next two days though.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Quote by Rio38
I'm only about 30 minutes from Kutztown. Check it out and let me know, I would be willing to drive there to look at it.

I canceled the buy of the wine colored one, I might change my mind back in the next two days though.

He doesn't have it, I don't think. I didn't see it. He has a cool left handed one now though
I have two other guitars and can live without a thrid one for awhile. I sold my Ibanez for money toward the Fender, but I won't miss it too much, it was a nice guitar to jam on and let my son play around with.

I'll troll some music stores around teh area until I a good deal on something. I can pay some bills with teh extra money for now.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Color bad. I wouldn't buy that guitar if it was 200 just because color and hideous black pickguard.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel