I found THE guitar for me, a Godin Exit 22.

It has all the features that I wanted. I immediately felt in love with it.

The parts are made in Canada (Quebec, where I live) and it's assembled in the U.S.

It plays old-school punk-rock, like 90's Green Day so ****ing well, what I love.

I'll pick it up tonight, and post pictures then.

And for $610.00 CDN it's a great price.
Last edited by TinyJimbo at Dec 30, 2008,
it looks like a jackson dinky dk2 mixed with a les paul. haha. nice geetour you got there.
2 singlecoils ?
I cant see the point with that...
And 500 bux! When I saw the guitar i thought it looked like a 150-dollar starter guitar. (And I still think so)
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Grats on the new guitar. I love my Godin, hasn't disappointed me yet.
every Godin iv ever tried has been great playing and souinding and excellent value, just not my style of guitar.

Looks a winner though if you like the styling.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
It was the only guitar in the 20ish I tried that I instantly felt the neck was perfect.
Quote by TinyJimbo
I found THE guitar for me, a Godin Exit 22.

It has all the features that I wanted. I immediately felt in love with it.

The parts are made in Canada (Quebec, where I live) and it's assembled in the U.S.

It plays old-school punk-rock, like 90's Green Day so ****ing well, what I love.

I'll pick it up tonight, and post pictures then.

And for $610.00 CDN it's a great price.

I want a self playing guitar too!
Quote by TinyJimbo
$500.00 US with taxes.

Kinda looks like a Dean EBO ripoff. Funny story, I saw an EBO in a Sam Ash for 25 bucks.
Sweet guitar man. I love Godin's and it's refreshing to see a different shaped guitar.

Pics when you get it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Drakathan
2 singlecoils ?
And 500 bux! When I saw the guitar i thought it looked like a 150-dollar starter guitar. (And I still think so)

kids

Anyways, TinyJimbo nice buy thats a great value for your money. Enjoy it man! Post some of your own pictures when you get it.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
very nice!

i've only tried one godin, i liked it though. they seem to be pretty good value, just a shame i don't have a dealer which is closer to me...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice!

i've only tried one godin, i liked it though. they seem to be pretty good value, just a shame i don't have a dealer which is closer to me...

I can sort you out with a dealer...
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

are you talking about drugs?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice. I like a single coil neck pickup much more than a humbucker. I would guess you can get some great sounds out of it. If I ever see on in a local store I will be sure to try it out.
Quote by TinyJimbo
Picture #1

Picture #2

Picture #3

Picture #4

I'm so excited about this new guitar, it's perfect for me.

All the hardware is black, with the telecaster knobs, the stratocaster 5 way switch and the maple fretboard, it's overall a great guitar !

Post a short review on the action, neck, etc.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you talking about drugs?

...are you?

Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Quote by Drakathan
2 singlecoils ?

How is there no point in two single coils? -_-

That's like saying there's no point in Telecasters, even though they're pretty much the basis for at least 4 genres.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by shredforbread33
Post a short review on the action, neck, etc.

First of all, there is really attention to details. I haven't found anything on the guitar that wasn't built right, or not done right.

The body is very comfortable, it feels like a telecaster but there is carving in the back for the body.

The neck is very similar to a stratocaster neck in my opinion. More thin on the lower frets and chunkier on the higher frets.

The hardware seems to be very high quality.

I don't know about the action but I don't get any fret buzz and I can play solos a lot easier and faster than with the Epiphone Les Paul Standard that I tried for a few days.

The guitar has a nice weight, doesn't feel like a toy.

The pickups sound good enough for me. The overdrive/distortion sound is awsome with the humbucker (recalls me the sound of Dookie "Green Day"). It doesn't have that ballsy tone from the Les Paul. It sounds more like a HSS Stratocaster.

The clean are very good, the maple neck helps.

I am very amazed by the quality and the low price. For a very well built with Canadian wood, built in the U.S. I don't think you can beat it.
Nice buy dude. Sounds quality.

I'm not a fan of black hardware on a natural finish, but to each his own, right?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Kurapica
...are you?

haha, no. i thought you were making fun of my use of the word, "dealer".

did you mean you know of a godin stockist in northern ireland, then?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TinyJimbo
F
I am very amazed by the quality and the low price. For a very well built with Canadian wood, built in the U.S. I don't think you can beat it.

i don't think mahogany grows in canada...

oh, by the way, is it a one-piece maple neck, or is the fretboard a separate piece of maple?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought one of these about a year ago - fantastic value for a canadian built guitar. Very solid, versatile workhorse. Oh and Dave, it's a single piece maple neck.
sweet, thanks
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
not my cup of tea but happy new guitar day to you sir!
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey