hi there , long time no see

tl;dr
please give the song a listen , tell me what you think about it.
c4c ofcourse

for some optional rambling:
so i've been working on this song for weeks , yesterday 8 hours straight from like 0100 till around 0900 haha.
it just won't get finished, i changed basicly everything in the song one or more times and right now, i don't know if i still have to change it or if i'm getting finished. i listened to the song way to often to hear any mistakes in the beats and transitions anymore.

also , my headphones are real crappy ones ... 7.1 emulatorrrr.. ****
can't hear the bass , so thats why i set it to slap bass , just so it cuts thru a little.
guess the bass is still offkey everywhere but meh.. i can't tell really...

probably gonna change the intro quite a bit , but for now i'm trying to get the things past the 1 minute mark right

i had a real hard time with the outro riff , ... i wrote the guitar part first and it ended up being some wierd time signature (at first it was 4/4, 3/4, 4/4, 3/4 i believe..) after trying to get a drum beat under that, which doesn't knock you totally off , i changed it to every possible combination .. well aand i just don't know if it's working now . i think yes else i wouldn't have uploaded it but maybe that's because i listen to damn often to it , in order to make it better...

on top of that , i don't even know if i like the song or should just ditch it .
i think it's so wierd ... nice melodies dark melodies , maybe some folk and hardcore something?i really don't know...
doesn't sound like something you would hear on a record i believe.

so all suggestions are welcome and thanks for listening!!
Attachments:
My Hell and Heaven.zip
english is not my native language
I think at like :35 you need to add some sort of solo in there lol.. It would help bring the intro alive.
1. I like the drumming throughout the whole song, it fits perfectly.
2. All of the transitions were well executed.
3. The guitar parts were very well written, dissonance was used well at certain times.
4. The violin and cello was a nice touch.

Good job, 9.5/10.
You've got some great ideas. First off; Intro sount really cool. Kind of creepy, but very interesting and it makes you want more of it. Then the distorted guitars enter, that's great. Everything in that beginning is wonderful. But then comes the pirate-riff (wich the acoustic guitar plays), and I really don't like that part. I understand you want to make a good transition to Riff 1, but it just doesnt sound good. Just cut that part out. And then, everything is awesome from there on. I love the beat 70, that is sooo damn cool.

But I do think you need some sort of Solo or something. You know, a part that sticks out, something like a Climax after Riff 3. You need a "WOW"-moment, cuz it feels like the whole song is a build-up for something that never comes.

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sence, but I hope you get what I mean. Great job though, overall really nice!

Oh yeah, I edited your tab a bit. Haven't really changed anything, just made it easier to navigate and such. I also cut out the "pirate-riff" wich I didn't like.
Attachments:
meheheheheeeeee Edit.zip
Last edited by Behzad93 at Dec 31, 2008,
That was awesome. I especially liked the drums.

Pirate riff is fine.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
1. I like the drumming throughout the whole song, it fits perfectly.
2. All of the transitions were well executed.
3. The guitar parts were very well written, dissonance was used well at certain times.
4. The violin and cello was a nice touch.

Let me add to this list...

5. Bass sounds nice and evil.
6. 'pirate riff' was good...i would've like to hear you continue that theme.
7. You had many good ideas in there that i'd have like to hear more of, but then maybe whats so great about this is that you don't spend too much time on any one riff.
8. Riff 2+3 just seem like the perfect progression even though they are so...er... disjointed.
9. I think rather than using the outro part as an outro part you should put in some sort of solo or other climax arter it.
10. Just... wow! ...i cant stop listening to it.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037975