Okay, I've shortened the list down to 2 for the guitar I shall buy for the first time...
This one or This one. this is my set limit, I know its not a lot, but I might not play it a lot, so I don't wanna blow to much money, and please don't give me alternatives.

The first strat is IMHO better looks wise - just better. However, the SG has the all important humbuckers, as I am into heavy stuff, so other than practicing technique early on in learning, I'll be learning heavy songs, or at very least AC/DC plus stuff.

Which one is better/should I get?
U know to play? I would choose strat, as i love them, have a tattoo on my arm of a strat, AND they are more versatile
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Hmm.... I feel that as a starter guitar the Squier would be more appealing to learn on, just more stuff to mess around with then the Epiphone. Both would be excellent starter guitars, but I feel you'd have more flexibility in the Squier as far as how it's set up and sounds, also more commonly modified when you get to that. The Epiphone would get you better tone for what you're going for but a lot of that heavy stuff relies on the amplifier you're using, so I'd say the Squier. However before you buy either, go check them out, see how the necks feel, the body shape, whichever is more comfortable is what I'd go with.

I absolutely hate playing strats though, just as a side-note, I think the way Fender builds and sets up most of their guitars is absolutely terrible, but that is just me. A lot of people love them!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Last edited by Don't Panic Ok? at Dec 30, 2008,
You need to get your hands on each. The necks may be different enough to make a difference to you.

I have a Squire Fat Strat (HB in the lead position) that I blocked the tremolo on and set up properly. I plays very well.
Quote by Don't Panic Ok?
Hmm.... I feel that as a starter guitar the Squier would be more appealing to learn on, just more stuff to mess around with then the Epiphone. Both would be excellent starter guitars, but I feel you'd have more flexibility in the Squier as far as how it's set up and sounds, also more commonly modified when you get to that. The Epiphone would get you better tone for what you're going for but a lot of that heavy stuff relies on the amplifier you're using, so I'd say the Squier. However before you buy either, go check them out, see how the necks feel, the body shape, whichever is more comfortable is what I'd go with.

I absolutely hate playing strats though, just as a side-note, I think the way Fender builds and sets up most of their guitars is absolutely terrible, but that is just me. A lot of people love them!

Roland microcube hopefully.