So my dad said he is worried about my growing interest in violence...

Poll: Should my dad be worried?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should my dad be worried?
Yes
55 23%
No
187 77%
Voters: 243.
Page 1 of 3
My dad said he is worried about the level of violence i expose myself to. i play video games such as dead space, gears of war, crysis, halo and farcry, i listen to bands such as children of bodom, dimmu borgir, trivium, metallica and pantera, and i watch movies such as fight club, kill bill, rambo, alien and pulp fiction. i am 16 years old, 17 in two months. Should my dad be worried or is he being overprotective?
HOLY CRAP!! ARE YOU ****ING INSANE???!?

Jesus christ on a stick, you got to level down your violenceintake you idiot!!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hes being a dad, just ignore him and continue.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
You're dad is being overprotective.

Explain to him kindly that even though you expose yourself to violent video games, you're smart enough to differentiate real life and pixilated gore.

In fact, take offense from it, maybe you'll get something out of it.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
omg rambo u goin dwn da rong path
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
dude, seriously, if you keep at it at this rate, you will be in a high security prison in venezuala by the time you are 16 and 11 months old

im oh so serious
MYSPACE
MYUG

Quote by lp_std
no idea but your avatar wins
If you listened exclusively to gore metal, had a desktop background of mutilated corpses you found on 4chan, and ate small children for breakfast, THEN he should be worried.

Apart from that, I understand that he might be a bit concerned, but he's your father. He wants what's best for you. Show him that you're a peaceful person.
Quote by wesselbindt
That totally depends on you. How do you feel when you play those games?

/drphillness

what i feel is that if a game/band/movie is good and thrills me, i couldnt care less about the amount of profanity/violence/nudity etc. i enjoy decent games/music/movies and if he decides to lower my violence intake then half the stuff i like i will not be able to experience. Personally i dont see a problem with the level i am exposed to
Fight Club ought not to be in the same sentence as those other monstrosities. I think you're pretty average for a male teenager nowadays. However, we have yet to see how this generation of teenagers turn out in later life so
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Kensai
HOLY CRAP!! ARE YOU ****ING INSANE???!?

Jesus christ on a stick, you got to level down your violenceintake you idiot!!

You're awfully funny for a senior citizen..
Kill him
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]

No.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Screw this poll....tell me more about your hellraiser.............
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by wizards?
no, no don't shoot him in the head with the exploding arrows.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you're pushed, killing is as easy as breathing...

Quote by Spamwise
You're awfully funny for a senior citizen..

Funny?
I don't know, you probably will be subliminally affected by all of that due to your age. I don't know you but some people are more easily influenced than others; as long as you have the strength of character not to be affected by it all, there is no problem.
theres a study that says it can be healthy that u play such games since you relieve your anger and or stress by playing those games rather than lashing out at the real world. i recommend you hunt this article down and show it to your pappy.

although someone before mentioned how do u feel when you play those games. cause' if you're not satisfied by killing virtual people then you may grow up to be tempted to kill real people to gain that satisfaction.
Quote by Kensai

Funny?

That movie was a complete waste of everything... It was terrible, but I'd still pay ten bucks to go to a theater and see him blow people up with the exploding arrows.
And don't be worried about the violence. But do talk to him about his concerns- think Stephen King's mom was worried? Damn straight.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

As long as you don't go round stabbing people in reality, it's all fine.
Musically ignorant. Seeking education.

Am female. Finally have bass!

As cunning as a fox who has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university.

Muse = genius.
Quote by wizards?
That movie was a complete waste of everything... It was terrible, but I'd still pay ten bucks to go to a theater and see him blow people up with the exploding arrows.

You haven't seen anything until you've seen three burmanese militants being blown up in HD by exploding arrows.
And what about that Hellraiser?
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by wizards?

I thought that movie was awesome. And I didn't see any exploding arrows.
i don't get what his problem is, why should shooting dead babies with tentacles and other weird-ass zombies, or listening to lyrics about a priest who became a satanist and worships a serpent, and kills knights or watching movies about a person with split-personality disorder who blows up stuff and creates a fighting club affect your young impressionable mind?
Seriously why do people believe that bullCrAp?
Last edited by jimmyled at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
You haven't seen anything until you've seen three burmanese militants being blown up in HD by exploding arrows.

What film are you talking about?
Violence has always been central to our fiction. Think of all the best books, movies, legends, etc. Your dad is a liar if he says he never enjoys movies about war or books about elves and trolls. There would be no drama or action without violence. A good story requires conflict, violence is a powerful and moving form of conflict.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by LordBishek
What film are you talking about?

Film?
The argument I used was that these games are about war, and they shot for realism. War is violent, bloody, and has a lot of swearing. I get most of the games I want because of that argument
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Quote by Kensai

Funny?

When you say easy to breathe, do you mean easy for me to breathe, or a guy your age to breathe?
I'm Luke.
Quote by Kensai
Film?

I finally realized that thing in your sig is a rainbow..It took me forever.
Alien sucked, though.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Nah. It's all part of being a teenager
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by mdawg24
Dude... You sound like me. And I turned out fine. I'm just a couple months younger than you.

I don't think you've 'turned out' yet.
Quote by Spamwise

I finally realized that thing in your sig is a rainbow..It took me forever.

haha
Page 1 of 3