i currently have a 15W line 6 spider III that i have had enough of. i have been playing for a little over a year now and i have stuck with mostly metal music with a little blues and jazz. i have heard a lot of good things about tube amps and i am wondering if there are any decent "metal" tube amps out there for $400-600. thanks in advance.
hi there, a kinda good amp for not much money is the VOX AD30Vt ore AD50VT ore AD100VT.
i also have it and it rock's you can play everything with it and its a valve.
if you want it even more heavy buy a distortion pedal with it, you dont need it but just a tip.
define "metal music"
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Well, can you spend the $400-$600 on an amp head and then spend more on a cabinet or is your budget limited to $600? And check out your local craigslist, cause you are alomst going to have to go used.

Try these, TRY them:
Peavey VK
Peavey Classic
Bugera amps
B-52 AT?
Kustom defender

If you're lucky:
Peavey 5150/6505?
the metal i play includes (but not limited to) metallica, slayer, iron maiden, avenged sevenfold, and of course dethklok.

and no i am not limited to $600, thats just the range i am looking at.
sweet, dethklok
do you get any heavier than dethklok?

if want new, I would say go look at Bugera's and B-52's.
if you go used, a Peavey 5150/6505 would work, also look for the Peavey XXX.
I once found one used at $599. Of course, you'd have to buy a cab along with it...but the XXX is awesome IMO.

Edit: Oh yeah, check out the Randall RG50TC too, ^
Quote by jdmurrayz
you *might* get away with a traynor ycv50 blue. i've only tried the 40, it could handle maiden and early metallica ok (just the 50 is meant to be more marshally, which is probably what you're after)... hopefully forsaknazrael will see this thread to tell you if it'll do what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well, my suggestions still stand, but a traynor will not get that as br00talz as dethklok or any other death metal band.
Quote by jdmurrayz
yeah, that's what i was worried about. if by metal you mean mainly maiden, early metallica, slayer etc., then the traynor will probably do it. death metal, not so sure... maybe with a boost/eq, but then you're talking even more money...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?