So I recently picked up a USA made Crate Palomino V32 in good used condition for 350.00 shipped. The clean channel is amazing. The overdrive channel has potential but is muddy. I want to clear up the muddiness. I plan to put in new power/preamp tubes since it came with sovteks mixed with Groove tubes which may or may not be rebranded sovteks. I also plan on putting in a new speaker. This amp is very bass heavy and requires you to really dial down the bass to get a halfway clear sound. So I will be mostly doing bedroom playing and turning it up when I get the chance but i'm thinking of getting either new preamp tubes or a speaker first since I have limited funds at the moment because of buying a house. I'm not asking opinions on which brand of speaker or tubes but which mod you would you make first? Speaker or preamp tubes?
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
It has the Celestion 70/80 which I have heard very mixed reviews on. I previously put a Celestion g100t in a Valveking that i had along with Tungsol 12ax7's and JJ 6l6's and it cleared it up quite a bit. I'm just wondering if anyone had experience with this amp or any opinions in general. I have read through the everything you wanted to know about tubes sticky and there is some very good info although so much of it I havent had time to read it all. Thanks
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
best thing I did to clear up the muddiness:

jump r31. this resistor sets the amount of the bass boost circuit. I don't know why they added this circuit to the tonestack. It just makes the amp muddy, it has plenty of bass without it.
That's a very dark amp, I played it in Guitar Center a while ago when I was new amp shopping and I had to crank the treble to like 7 or 8 to get it to have any sizzle to the distortion.
Turn the bass down.

Use a boost.