I pretty much have decided now to get a carvin amp. Unfortunatly i cant afford to get the V3

so im gonna have to go with the X100 B.

I play Modern hard rock, like chevelle,a perfect circle,tool.

i have a gibson les paul studio

i use dr strings

and most of what i play is in some form of drop tuning mostly d or b

I was just wondering what everyones opinion is on this amp.

will it clean up? does it get good distortion?

and biggest question of all, what the hell is an "active eq system"?
For examples of that amp's tone, listen to early Steve Vai.

Active EQ basically means that they interact. Raising the mids will lower the bass and treble, raising the bass will lover the higher mids, etc. And the graphic EQ is really fun to play with too
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
For examples of that amp's tone, listen to early Steve Vai.

Active EQ basically means that they interact. Raising the mids will lower the bass and treble, raising the bass will lover the higher mids, etc. And the graphic EQ is really fun to play with too

I prefer Vai's earlier tone, it was really smooth. but the tone Vai has now with the Jemini pedal. its too grainy I dont like it.

The X100B has Fantastic cleans and can easily get a 80's metal tone from, but with the right pedal you can do what ever.

+1 to the X100B.
Last edited by tenaciousjp at Dec 30, 2008,
Also, to expand on my comment about Vai: Blue Powder was originally recorded through that amp
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Clean channel is great, Joe Walsh uses Carvins. My guitar teacher has one and apparently loves it
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50