Once I have some more cash on me, I think I'll invest in some new tubes/a new speaker for my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. As far as tubes go, I'm looking at the Ruby 6L6GC STR. I'm considering a Eminence Patriot Cannabis Rex for the speaker. I'm looking to increase my clean headroom and perhaps get a bit more sparkle in the clean channel; are these good choices?

I'm open to any and all suggestions/comments/whatever.
Weber ceramic 12F150 is great in Fender stuff. Haven't used one in a HRD specifically, but I have in a deluxe reverb and a twin with great results.
"Ruby 6L6GCSTR
A great sounding tube! I was actually pretty impressed with this version..... very good power. Good bass and depth....a little less than the Philips but better than the previous two.

Had great chime and clarity. A forward presentation that made the notes really jump out.

Surprisingly had a good amount of headroom and much more then the SED and Reflector. Nice tight overdrive....never got mushy. I really liked this one!

Ruby 6L6GCMSTR
A new improved version of the 6L6GCSTR. Thicker glass and better supports.

Had a cleaner bass response than the GCSTR , but this gave the impression of less depth. Nice enough high-end , but not as detailed nor clarity as the GCSTR. Mids were however fuller here than the older version. Nice headroom, but the GCSTR still had a little more.

TAD 6L6GC-STR (Black plates)
AWESOME!!!! This tube really blew everything out of the water!

Huge deep bass and spectacular punch. Really big soundstage! Better clarity and detail than ALL the others tested. Perhaps even better clarity than the Philips. Notes and harmonics really jump out and everything just sounds right. A tight and focused sounding tube for sure!

While nothing can or ever will touch the 7581A's headroom, these are VERY close! They are close enough that I don't miss the extra headroom of the Philips. These tubes are excellent quality and workmanship all around.

I'm so glad that the TAD's are available. They really set a new sonic standard for current production tubes.

Very satisfied that I found my new favorite tube. "

for preamp tubes, i'd say tung-sol if you want 12ax7's. i personally got one 12at7 by EH for the V3 to improve the drive channel.
i didnt like anything but 12ax7s in V1 in my HRD. a 12at7 will do wonders in V2 though. I have a NOS one in there from time to time.
i use JJ 6L6s. they work well.
for more clean head room, look at how its biased. alot of HRD are either way too cold, or way to hot. Mine has gobs of headroom.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by The red Strat.
"Ruby 6L6GCSTR
for preamp tubes, i'd say tung-sol if you want 12ax7's. i personally got one 12at7 by EH for the V3 to improve the drive channel.

V3 is the phase inverter, i think you mean V2.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
well V2 is the drive channel, you should try that, you might really like it.
V3 is the phase inverter. i couldnt stand that sound when put a lower gain there.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
well V2 is the drive channel, you should try that, you might really like it.
V3 is the phase inverter. i couldnt stand that sound when put a lower gain there.

i've been told a 12at7 in V3 will maximize the amp's potential and will improve the cleans and drive

what does the phase inverter do anyway ?
Wow, thanks for the link, Exo. I think I might take the SED 6L6's from the premium pacakge and the JJ 12AX7's from the value package, just to save a bit of cash.

Also, I was recommended the Weber Ceramic California speakers by a friend. Yes, no?
Quote by The red Strat.
i've been told a 12at7 in V3 will maximize the amp's potential and will improve the cleans and drive

what does the phase inverter do anyway ?

if you like it, thats all that matters though.
but a phase inverter takes the signal from the preamp, divides it into two identical signals and puts the 180 degrees out of phase with each other. this allows the power amp to more efficiently work with the signal.

but once again, try them both. you may prefer the way you have it now.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
if you like it, thats all that matters though.
but a phase inverter takes the signal from the preamp, divides it into two identical signals and puts the 180 degrees out of phase with each other. this allows the power amp to more efficiently work with the signal.

but once again, try them both. you may prefer the way you have it now.

no no, i don't have my new tubes in there yet.
i'll try both