We have a girl for our lead vocals, and she can sing pretty good, but her style is limited more so around stuff like Flyleaf, Evanescence, Paramore, and some pop. She can't fully pull off any Stevie Nicks or Jefferson Airplane or anything like that, which makes it kind of complicated. We need somewhere around 25 - 30 covers to go with our 10 - 15 originals so we can play a gig. Any suggestions on good cover songs? It can be songs with male vocals, just as long as a girl could make it sound good. And the songs have to be popular obviously, and preferably older than the 90's (but 90's are okay if it is a well known song). Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah just remembered, the gigs we can play are at bars. So where we live, those shows are not really like concerts, it is partially for people to dance to. Even though, we can play some of our originals, but there needs to be more danceable songs, which is just about anything pre-90's.
Last edited by danizzlesnizzle at Dec 30, 2008,
arch enemy
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
try some Flyleaf, Evanescence and Paramore stuff.

hah sorry but those are the only bands i can think of with female leads other than arch enemy and lacuna coil.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
ballroom blitz. 25-30 times.

That would probably work in a pub.

Quote by wheatmore
arch enemy

That would be incredible, but she is not going to pull that off, and we probably wouldn't get paid if we played that.
I would suggest Stevie Nicks or Jefferson Airplane. Don't try anything by Flyleaf, Evanescence, or Paramore.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Anyways, we used to have a chick singer and we did Basket Case by Greenday and Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Zombie by The Cranberries.
Everbody's heard it and its actually pretty simple.
Idk if your singer could pull it off though, good luck.
Quote by xEpidemicx
I would suggest Stevie Nicks or Jefferson Airplane. Don't try anything by Flyleaf, Evanescence, or Paramore.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Anyways, we used to have a chick singer and we did Basket Case by Greenday and Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

Why not?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.