So I have $600 to spend at GC, plus a 10% coupon; which is basically $660 to spend on a new amp. I play rock, and maybe a tiny bit of metal. Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Van Halen, Queen, etc. I would like an amp with a nice thick sound, with some crunchy punch also. I was thinking maybe a Valveking 212?

Any help would be appreciated
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Don't buy a valveking 212. Valvekings are nice amp, if you are willing to mod. You'd be better off buying a vk112 and tricking it out- new speaker, new tubes, EQ pedal, OD pedal. It'd sound great then but before mods its nothing special.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Yeah I was considering both of those options ^^

UGH to make things harder I just found a like new sunburst Fender Strat on craigslist for $240 :\
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
If you can't find one at GC, maybe look elsewhere, but I'd suggest a Traynor YCV50BLUE.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
How are Marshall JCM's?
Theres a 40W all tube combo on craigslist for $450
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
I don't know exactly what amp you're talking about, but that sounds like it has potential to be a good deal.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Is it a DSL 50? For $450, that would be pretty nice, but it's pretty modern sounding. I had one for about 2-3 days, but it just wasn't the kind of gain I was looking for. It's got a really aggressive, tight sound that would probably work for metal pretty well, but maybe not so much for classic rock/blues rock tones.
Quote by Stickymongoose
Is it a DSL 50? For $450, that would be pretty nice, but it's pretty modern sounding. I had one for about 2-3 days, but it just wasn't the kind of gain I was looking for. It's got a really aggressive, tight sound that would probably work for metal pretty well, but maybe not so much for classic rock/blues rock tones.

It's a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401. Based on Youtube's samples, it sounds pretty good And it's 1200 brand new, so its 750 savings
Gear:
Bugera 333XL 212
Quote by Stickymongoose

I thought the DSL50 did a pretty good classic rock sound...

I don't like the DSL401 though, el84s just do not suit that amp at all.
Ah, the DSL401. Like al said, I've heard bad things. You may be better off with the Traynor I mentioned, but by all means, try that one out and see if you like it.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
x600000000 to the suggestion of the vox ac15 fits you budget perfectly and is really the best amp under 1000 dolars that can be bought at gc imo
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat