I can't find many discussions on R&B, and it's all I listen to really. Akon, T-Pain, Ne-Yo, Jordin Sparks, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, etc.

I got Ne-Yo's 'Year of the Gentleman' a couple of days, and it is so good. I was worried that the singles were going to be the only tracks, but I was very pleasantly suprised.

Looking forward to the new Akon album in 2009.

So, anybody listen to really mainstream music like I do?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Go back to the metal forum, idiot.

Virtually every song on this album has acoustic guitar in it. And this thread has nothing to do with rap.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by duran000
well this is Ultimate Guitar, have you ever tried playing guitar to a hip hop song?
is there like a rap.com or something that you can go to for these discussions?

SFTU biggot. Just because it doesn't necessarily have guitar, doesn't mean it can't be discussed on a guitar forum.

I listen to a couple of contemporary soul/R&B artists like Duffy, Nelly Furtado and Amy Winehouse. I much prefer it to most contemporary 'Rock' bands.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Yeah, I love all of them. Have you got both Amy Winehouse albums?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Yeah, I think I prefer her first (Frank) to be honest. It just seemed more original at the time, before the huge influx of similar artists and copycats came along.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
yeah not much of a fan of those particular artists, but check out Anthony Hamilton he has a classic vibe to his stuff, and i really like it.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by Sonny_sam
Yeah, I think I prefer her first (Frank) to be honest. It just seemed more original at the time, before the huge influx of similar artists and copycats came along.

Yeah, Frank is a great album. That cover of 'moody's mood for love' is just wow.

Quote by noah22791
yeah not much of a fan of those particular artists, but check out Anthony Hamilton he has a classic vibe to his stuff, and i really like it.

Thanks, will do. I've got one song by him and Twista, I'll get some more.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW