I made this nice sounding riff, it's basically an arpeggio of the F#minor chord (barred). I want to know how can I tell what key is it in, that way I can come up with a good chord progression. How do I figure out the chord progression by the way?
Quote by LedZepFan2000
I made this nice sounding riff, it's basically an arpeggio of the F#minor chord (barred). I want to know how can I tell what key is it in, that way I can come up with a good chord progression. How do I figure out the chord progression by the way?

you are going to need three rubber bands, a bucket of glue, and the nearest fried chicken franchise....
Quote by LedZepFan2000

What are the chords being used?
Often, if you are blessed with much musical experience, say at least 10 years or so, you can naturally determine if the arpeggios are correct or not, as I do. This technique also helps you keep certain pitches in tune. But if you don't have a lot of musical experience, then music theory will help WONDERS.
Well it's in F# minor or A major and if you know your scales then you can write a chord sequence based on the scale