I hate that I spent my $$$ on a Chorus pedal now because no matter what I do, I always come out with this lame-ass 80s rock sound. Even when I combine my Chorus pedal with my DS-1. OMG it's so f ucking irritating. I mean, is that the sound I'm SUPPOSED to get?

I'm trying to get a late 60s sound, but obviously I'm doing something wrong.
Turn the chorus waaaaay down. Or don't use it at all.
I never could find a tasteful use for chorus, maybe it's just not for you.
And yes, chorus + DS-1 = cheesy 80s tone every time.
Listen to Roc. He's a mod for a reason(he knows his stuff).

Anyway, he's right about the tone. Besides the DS-1 and the chorus, whats your setup? That may help to get the late 60's tone you want.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by customisbetter
60s= overdrive/Fuzz + tremelo + reverb.

^+30

You should instead of the DS-1 Get a fuzz in your line up, a reverb is a MUST and the tremolo is just if your lazy enough to not pick fast a note or two hehe. And yep, its not the same picked than using the effect, i know that but, it adds a lil more sooth tone i think when you do it yourself.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Roc is right.

If you want a late '60s sound, then get reverb (Don't buy anything from Boss. You'll just waste money. Look at EHX/Jim Dunlop/Ibanez/Digitech), a fuzz face, tremolo effect, and a GOOD overdrive (Digitech Bad Monkey is your best bet, cheap and effective) set the gain to 0 and level to 10 to use it as a clean boost. Maybe a Wah pedal, if you want one.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by alex0203
I have a Fender Fat Strat and a Fender Deluxe 900 ss combo

1. mid-neck pickups.
2. EQ to the Hendrix-y settings on the settings thread.
3. Replace DS-1 with a good fuzz.
4. Rig the chorus as a tremolo, as I occasionally do.
5. Dial in reverb.
6. Listen to V.U.K. except for the Bad Monkey(It may be personal preference, but I can't stand them).
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by customisbetter

exactly, combined with a little delay maybe, you can get some killer classic soloing sounds
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Like what the people above said, a chorus pedal and the DS-1 aren't the best for classic rock. To me, I don't like chorus pedals for this kind of music. A reverb pedal would be really good, and/or a delay pedal set to a slight delay to maybe fatten up your tone. Instead of the DS-1, try an overdrive and/or fuzz pedal.

Also, your amp is very important. Maybe try adjusting its EQ settings, look at examples to see how you should dial in your tone for what you want to play.
Quote by alex0203
I hate that I spent my $$$ on a Chorus pedal now because no matter what I do, I always come out with this lame-ass 80s rock sound. Even when I combine my Chorus pedal with my DS-1. OMG it's so f ucking irritating. I mean, is that the sound I'm SUPPOSED to get?

Why buy the standard chorus? you need something unqiue like a boutique chorus or a digitech CF-7 for some variety. Going with Boss means you'll end up with little customization on the sound yourself since their pedals all have the same circuitry and they were one of the few companies around in the 80's. Today there are 100x the pedals out there, do some more research, AVOID what everyone else uses and try something new to find your own sound.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by customisbetter

i love that kindof tone

i have to get myself a tremolo pedal and a decent fuzz pedal.
did they even have chorus back then? ditch the chorus for a reverb and/or a tremolo and a fuzz face-like pedal or a treble booster (if you're using a tube amp).
Quote by alex0203

WHICH late 60's sound? (The Beatles, Elvis, Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Clapton, Page), (Fender, Vox, Marshall, Sunn)