Page 1 of 4
So I've joined this awesome website yesterday because like most of you I play guitar and off course I sometimes need tabs although I lean more towards classical way of learning ,you know notes and stuff.

So I've seen many people reporting other funny and entertaining thread especially the ZeGuitarist guy, is he snitch of this forum or something?

Now the point of my thread, what benefit do YOU get after reporting someone, I understand when you report some real spamming or useless stuff, but as previously mentioned I've witnessed some really interesting topics being ''snitched''.

Explain me please.
Quote by sergio_the_only

Explain me please.

"you"

it helps clean the forum of topics that are against the rules
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I see the words but I don't understand.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by moody git
"you"

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Because some user like to be arseholes and think the more they report the more likely they are to become a mod.
RULE BRITANNIA
Most of the time threads are reported because there is another version of the thread that isn't in the first page and some people can't be bothered to use the search bar to see if it already exists.
NOIZE
Its not snitching, and shouldn't really get seen as such. If its spam its going to get closed anyway, reporting just stops annoying, overused stuff getting constantly posting.
They believe that by being ass lickers, they may become a mod one day.

And although I respect what the mods do (for free), I have no intensive to be one.
Because they're suck ups.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Because some user like to be arseholes and think the more they report the more likely they are to become a mod.

Exactly.
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
Quote by markodeano1
I have no intensive to be one.

I believe the phrase is incentive.

Sorry, it was bothering me.
NOIZE
Quote by minibrowny
Its not snitching, and shouldn't really get seen as such. If its spam its going to get closed anyway, reporting just stops annoying, overused stuff getting constantly posting.

Quote by sergio_the_only
so the more I report other people, the higher are my chances of becoming a mod?

Exactly.

RULE BRITANNIA
It closes pointless/spammed/already-made threads to therefore make room for more useful threads.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033777

In there.

People that think reporting increases your mod chances, I doubt it does. Mods get how many report emails daily? Do you really think they are going to take note of which user reports and which one doesn't? I never reported threads except for when I started out on UG and now I'm a jolly old faggot.

So, yeah. That's about it.
Last edited by Confusius at Dec 30, 2008,
Quote by Jacob6293
It closes pointless/spammed/already-made threads to therefore make room for more useful threads.

I'm talking about the benefit it gives to YOU. Like becoming a mod and such.
Quote by Kentris.5
I believe the phrase is "intentions"

No really, i believe he meant there is no incentive for him to become a mod.
NOIZE
Quote by sergio_the_only

not really
reporting is just another way to kiss ass, and HOPEFULLY some mod will be like, "hey, this guy is doing a great job, hes a troop"
but it doesn't guarantee becoming a mod...
Quote by sergio_the_only

Well... it depends if mods can spot who's an ass licks and who regularly contributes to the forum, and has generally been a user for at least 3 years.

This is different in the pit, as there is no single topic to contribute to, whereas the mods in the acoustic guitar forum are very knowledgeable of their chosen subject.
it's mostly the people who haven'T been here long enough, and don't remember the time when the pit was nothing but Dead baby jokes and Sex questions.
well some people are just jackasses, quite a few reported threads don't actually get closed the first time they are reported.

I only report blatant spam or threads where there are at least 5 or 6 identical ones that I know of of without searching.

Quote by CoreysMonster
it's mostly the people who haven'T been here long enough, and don't remember the time when the pit was nothing but Dead baby jokes and Sex questions.

I've been here longer than you and I don't remember that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by markodeano1
Well... it depends if mods can spot who's an ass licks and who regularly contributes to the forum, and has generally been a user for at least 3 years.

This is different in the pit, as there is no single topic to contribute to, whereas the mods in the acoustic guitar forum are very knowledgeable of their chosen subject.

My "making shit up sense" is tingling.

Confusius just cleared that one up.
NOIZE
Quote by moody git
"you"

it helps clean the forum of topics that are against the rules

this.

also if a thread has been loads of times and the TS hasnt used the searchbar it needs to be reported(some people think.)

I have never reported anyone though.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

It might be there to avoid spam, but we all know most of the people who report need to fulfill a void in their life so they report without giving a proper reason to feel superior.

I mean seriously If you want to report every other thread that's made in this forum, especially the pit, then you might as well shut this thing down. Reporting is going way out of hand here.
Quote by abe123
thats one of the funniest posts ive seen in a while... to sig or not to sig

Quote by Kenny77
Awesome.

Quote by Kensai
Probably from india. Most bad things come from there.
Either it's spam, already exists, belongs in another forum, or is considered offensive.
Sometimes, though, people are just dicks.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
It helps the mods out and cleans the forums. Wow seriously? So youd rather have a forum with no rules..?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by sergio_the_only
I'm talking about the benefit it gives to YOU. Like becoming a mod and such.

It doesn't give you any personal benefit except the satisfaction of helping to close a thread.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by sergio_the_only

no... only the mods/admins and such know the secret requirements for mod consideration which they discuss in their secret forums which are hidden from you mortals

and i could be wrong but i thought ZeGuitarist was a mod
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by nightraven
because the pit has been going downhill very fast and reporting is the only thing we can do to get rid of as much of the **** as possible as a last stand to make this place like it was before the influx.

what the hell are you talking about? It's always been like this.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well some people are just jackasses, quite a few reported threads don't actually get closed the first time they are reported.

I only report blatant spam or threads where there are at least 5 or 6 identical ones that I know of of without searching.

I've been here longer than you and I don't remember that.

Alzheimer's...?
Page 1 of 4