I just ordered this amp today, Guitar Center expects it to be here by next Monday, when it comes I will supply a full review along with pics and sound clips. In the mean time I need to think of getting an attenuator for this amp since 50 tube watts is a whole lot of power. I read that you need to get an attenuator that is rated higher than your amp is, is this absolutly neccesary? Or could I get by with the Weber MiniMASS that is rated at 50 watts? I ask because the price difference between the normal MASS and the MiniMass is $125. I doubt I will need to drive the amp too hard while using the attenuator so I should be able to get by with the MiniMASS right?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
if its too loud why not just get the 30 watt one?
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
because that one is more expensive, and I would still need an attenuator for that one too.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by voodoochild78
if its too loud why not just get the 30 watt one?

The difference between 30w and 50w, in terms of volume, is minimal.

I use an equalizer for my amp-quieting purposes and it works just fine for me, but it won't get you power amp distortion if that's what you want.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I see, sorry for my mistake, best of luck with the result
Gear
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Super Champ XD
Line 6 Pod XT
Crate GTD15R
I'm sorry to be picky but my family gets really bothered when I play loud, and I want to get power tube saturation, I dont need ridiculous amounts of it but a fair amount.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

If you're never going to drive the amp into distortion range, then yes, a 50 watt MiniMASS would suffice for that amp since it's 50 watts RMS. If you want to get some distortion out of it without the help of pedals and what not, then you definitely need to get an attenuator with more wattage available. I'm pretty sure you could destroy the attenuator and your amp if you overloaded the attenuator, so be careful.
Well I would probably be using the overdrive channel then trying to get some power tube saturation via the attenuator, but I get what your saying, dont dime the amp and expect the MiniMASS to make it out alive.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

You will need at least a 75w rated attenuator. Amps are rated for their Clean volume, but when distorted can ouput 1.5 of their rated wattage. I got the Mass Lite 100, it's a great price and works good too.
I got the 15w palomino, I've had it forever and love it. You should too.