I recently bought the Tascam us-144 usb audio interface along with a sennheiser e609 dynamic guitar mic, and I am having trouble playing back my recordings. I have tried headphones and speakers and neither has worked, I can only hear the metronome. Any help??????

Thanks
I have the same set-up, different mic

In Cubase you need to make sure you are selecting the correct output(s). Go to Device Set Up and/or VST Connections and make sure your outputs are selected properly.

Are you sure its recording the track? When I first set mine up I thought I was recording and when I played back there was nothing. Turned out Cubase could see my Tascam, but it wasn't hearing it. After playing around in Device Set Up and VST Connections, I was able to get it to go

Just run through your menus and make sure your outputs are all consistent and active

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
also, when you are actually playing are you monitoring via headset from the interface? can you hear what you are playing? In Cubase can you see the meter peaking up and down as you play?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Last edited by Tyler Durden at Dec 30, 2008,
My output just says us 144 stereo L and R. yea it is recording and the meter is going up and down. I can hear what im playing while im playing though my speakers but I cannot play it back.
you have to un-check the "monitor" button on the track once your done recording to hear it.
The manual covers this.
thanks. Now i have it playing back correctly one last question why is there sound only on the left side of my headphones?? Would I have to mic my amp with 2 mics and put one in the Mic In L and R???
I have the same problem where my recorded result has the mic on the left and guitar on the right. My mixer settings show that they are all centered (input and output). I'm not sure how to get a stereo track to get "centered" when recording.