Hi all. I recently retubed my RM50's preamp section along with both modules. However when I crank it past a certain point there is still some feedback squealing regardless of whether or not anything is actually plugged in. Could it be a microphonic power tube? I tried tapping on both of them with no result.
at this point i'd take it to a tech
maby
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I could be buts its rare. Power tubes tend to rattle rather then squeel when they go microphonic. You might have gotten ahold of another bad preamp tube, check them again. Also what tubes do you have in them? Different tubes react differently.

But the main question I would ask is when you say crank it.. How far are you cranking it and whats you gain at. Also were are you standing in the room to relation to the rig?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I could be buts its rare. Power tubes tend to rattle rather then squeel when they go microphonic. You might have gotten ahold of another bad preamp tube, check them again. Also what tubes do you have in them? Different tubes react differently.

But the main question I would ask is when you say crank it.. How far are you cranking it and whats you gain at. Also were are you standing in the room to relation to the rig?

This is the same thing that came to my mind. He also says he still gets feed back with nothing plugged in, no amount of gain and volume could cause that...
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
This is the same thing that came to my mind. He also says he still gets feed back with nothing plugged in, no amount of gain and volume could cause that...

Opps missed that part...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Opps missed that part...

Innocent mistake
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."