hey, i'm kinda thinking about starting a new band (seeing as my old one just died) in a progressive death metal vain. i'm a huge Opeth fan, and thats probably my biggest inspiration to get this project going.

i'm a guitarist, a sophomore in highschool, been playing for three years and i'm willing to handle both rhythm and lead, though i'm not the fastest guitarist in the world so someone better than me would be awesome hahaha.

i'm looking for:

Guitarist: as stated, someone who can handle tough leads, but i'm not looking for a shredder. melody, good tone, and good feel come first

Bassist: if possible, i want someone who's not shy with their instrument. ie. someone who can take a guitar riff and write their own accompanying part and take that part and play as a supporting lead, not a rhythm instrument per se. basically i don't want to have a bassist just out of obligation.

Keyboardist: obviously with some good chops, the reason i want a keyboardist is to add an element of psychedelic-like classic rock with the addition of, mainly, a rock-organ sound

Vocalist: i would like someone primarily with a good singing voice, i can do any growling that might be necessary.

Drummer: someone who can keep a good steady beat and also, like the bassist, have some ability to make it somewhat of a lead instrument. i would like someone who can handle a good range of styles from jazz to fusion to blastbeats and all-out death metal

that all being said, i obviously don't expect to find perfect musicians, just good ones with some talent and well-roundedness (if thats a word).
so yeah, if you're interested, i live in the southwest suburbs of illinois and give me a message and try to hook me up with some kind of recording of you're playing.
thanks, i'll possibly see ya in the future
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

Last edited by slashNpage77 at Jan 28, 2009,
some of my other influences besides Opeth for starting this are Katatonia, Novembers Doom, Dissection, Novembre, Bloodbath, Amorphis, Death, Edge of Sanity, and in some ways Dream Theater, Mastodon, Metallica's "And Justice for All" album, Tool, and a lot of classic rock like Rush, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Night Sun, Deep Purple, Floyd, and good **** like that
*cough cough* (bump)

oh, and also, i am able to handle any growling for vocals, so singer-wise, i'm really only looking for someone to do clean vocals (edited in OP)
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

hey, i'm a tallented bassist and former rhythm guitarist.....more of a bassist though. i'm deffinatly interested. i live in the danville area.
dang, that's almost three hours from where i live, that might be kind of a ways to go haha, that kinda sucks
sorry, i probably should've specified that i'm around the lockport area