first, i just bought a dunlop original crybaby wah pedal today, its great. but can anyone tell me how to get that yowling wah type sound like in the solo to no speak no slave by the black crowes

edit: i know that this sound is attainable with a crybaby because i know a guy who plays this bar in town a lot, and ive seen his rig, and he uses a crybaby to get that same sound

second, i keep gettin terrible noise and feedback from my bad monkey od pedal. its a lot of buzzing and a loud hum, more than i usually get from my single coils. much more. and whenever i put the level or gain on the pedal past the 12 o clock position i start gettin feedback, even with the strings muted. my amp volume is only at 1.5 ish, and im not standing too terribly close to it to be gettin this much feedback. can anyone help me identify this problem?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Last edited by wicket_nirvana at Dec 30, 2008,
if your bad money is giving you bad sounds w/ the wah, change the order. i think it wil help if you put your wah before your bad monkey in the chain...

if your problem is without the wah, then i'm not sure what to tell you...
its without the wah, i dont have enough open outlets close enough right now to plug them both in at the same time *rolls eyes*

edit: could the fact that im using the wrong power adapter make this much of a difference? im using the one from my rp250, and i checked and it says on the bad monkey to use some model that doesnt match the one im using. but would that make that much of a difference?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Quote by wicket_nirvana
its without the wah, i dont have enough open outlets close enough right now to plug them both in at the same time *rolls eyes*

edit: could the fact that im using the wrong power adapter make this much of a difference? im using the one from my rp250, and i checked and it says on the bad monkey to use some model that doesnt match the one im using. but would that make that much of a difference?

Yes. Some pedals are finicky when it comes to adapters, although I use a multi-voltage adapter with my Bad Monkey with no ill effects. I have my DD-3 hooked up with an iPRO adapter, and any time you turn the delay time knob past half way, it'll crap out according to how loudly you're playing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Whoa, doesn't the RP series run on AC? Don't make the same mistake I did, because those adapters will fry most other pedals even at the same voltage.
Quote by Stickymongoose
Whoa, doesn't the RP series run on AC? Don't make the same mistake I did, because those adapters will fry most other pedals even at the same voltage.

oh, wow, im glad u told me that. i tried using another adapter though, not the one from my rp250, and it did the same thing
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the Digitech adapter that started the whole problem. The Bad Monkey needs a 9 volt DC adapter with a center negative polarity. The polarity is designated like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/6/68/20071107142818!AC_adaptor_polarity.png

And the adapter will either say AC or DC on it, or be indicated by a solid line parallel to a dashed line (DC), or a sin wave parallel to a solid line (AC).

Current draw is also important with some pedals, but the Bad Monkey draws very little current, so just about anything over 100mA or so should be fine.
Quote by Stickymongoose
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the Digitech adapter that started the whole problem. The Bad Monkey needs a 9 volt DC adapter with a center negative polarity. The polarity is designated like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/6/68/20071107142818!AC_adaptor_polarity.png

And the adapter will either say AC or DC on it, or be indicated by a solid line parallel to a dashed line (DC), or a sin wave parallel to a solid line (AC).

Current draw is also important with some pedals, but the Bad Monkey draws very little current, so just about anything over 100mA or so should be fine.

i tried it with a DC adapter too, and it had the same problem. is my pedal just fried now?
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus