i'm not going to say i'm into "..." type of music because i'll play anything
Learning scales?
I've got: (tabbed in pro)
Major Scale, Pentatonic Major Scale
Quote by SteLuvsGuitar
i'm not going to say i'm into "..." type of music because i'll play anything

Well, no then. EMGs aren't the most versatile of pickups to be honest.

If you primarily play metal, the DKMG is pretty good though.

Look into the Ibanez RG1570 and S470, Jackson DK2, Washburn X40PRO and Schecter C1 Classic.
i do play metal most the time, i just didn't want to limit so i'd get other suggestions rather than "yes get the jackson"

thanks
Learning scales?

EMGs have been used for many things not metal, such as the Pink Floyd album The Wall, and all of Toto's albums.

How is that for not versatile?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
personally, i wouldn't bother. those jackson pros are alright, but when you're hitting £500 you aren't a million miles away from stuff which is, imo, quite a bit better. also it'll depend on how badly you want it to be good out of the box, without upgrades...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i want it to be good out of the box very badly, i'm not keen on changing guitars.
N i could easily spend more so what would u recommend
Learning scales?
also i don't want any kind of whammy bar
Learning scales?
Quote by Mwoit
Well, no then. EMGs aren't the most versatile of pickups to be honest.

If you primarily play metal, the DKMG is pretty good though.

Look into the Ibanez RG1570 and S470, Jackson DK2, Washburn X40PRO and Schecter C1 Classic.

+1
I play an s470 (with stock pickups for now) and they're great, especially through a nice amp.

EDIT: if your after a hardtail, check out an SZ. Might be what your looking for
how much more are you willing to spend?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?