Poll: which guitar
Poll Options
View poll results: which guitar
gibson SG Standard
32 63%
Schecter Hellraiser FR
19 37%
Voters: 51.
so one of my friend just bought a hellraiser fr, and realized it doesn't really suit what he wants. so he came to me knowing i like to play some of the heavier stuff and asked if i want to trade my Gibson sg standard for his hellraiser(btw he brought the schecter case with it) i played couple schecters before and they are pretty nice guitars. but i don't think it has better playability over my gibson. however the fr and the 24 frets does come in handy sometimes
...i'd keep the sg...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
DO NOT take that offer, schecters are good guitars no doubt about it, just a SG STANDARD?!? No way would I personally do that, I'd say the main reason is you could pick up a used hellraiser for 600 bucks or less, and the gibson will hold its value much better, overall the sg is just a much more quality guitar, sure the hellraiser is a bit more solid but the sg is soo much better.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
DO NOT take that offer, schecters are good guitars no doubt about it, just a SG STANDARD?!? No way would I personally do that, I'd say the main reason is you could pick up a used hellraiser for 600 bucks or less, and the gibson will hold its value much better, overall the sg is just a much more quality guitar, sure the hellraiser is a bit more solid but the sg is soo much better.

yeah that's what i'm debating. but since i bought the sg for 780 i wouldn't really lose anything. i mainly use the sg for the heavier stuff now and use my strat for just about anything else.

one thing i noticed about the hellraiser is the frets are a bit rough along the edges. if anything i'll just have to sand them down a little.
keep the sg, even if you did pay that much for it, it is worth more. it should be better quality too, and plus made in the US..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Keep the SG and buy the hellraiser.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
he said he'll throw in the case that he paid extra for

how come there are 4 votes for the schecter and no one here has stated a reason why. come on i wanna know why you want me to trade the gibson for the schecter.
I voted for the Hellraiser, then I read that its a Gibson. KEEP IT.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
odd the vote for the hellraiser is catching up to the sg. anyone care to explain why since all the replies so far was to keep the sg. or is it...
Buy the Hellraiser and keep your SG.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Buy the Hellraiser and keep your SG.

lol i wish.

only have enough right now for a ibanez sa series.
for the love of god dont do it!!!! you can get a used hellraiser for around 400-500. just save up for it
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
try to sell your sg if you dont want it. see if you can get somewhere areound 1000...and then buy a hellraiser if you want it that bad...and then you have extra cash for whatever you want.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
na, i think i'll keep my sg. what surprise me is there are 10 votes on the schecter and yet no one has voiced their opinions about it.
For the money...save $1000 and buy yourself a better amp.

I've got a fixed bridge hellraiser in black cherry and it smokes. I personally will never buy a gibson because of their insane markups compared to other American made guitars, it's garbage. That and restricting dealership to music stores to keep their prices higher....bet not everyone knew that fun little tidbit you learn working in the industry. PRS and Rickenbackers are the same way, overpriced for the same thing in many cases.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
It's really kind of stupid that anyone has voted for either guitar without asking what type of music you play or how much how much you would use a floyd rose.

That said, I'm a hypocrite anyway because I already voted for the Schecter. I hate Gibson.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Demon_dave
For the money...save $1000 and buy yourself a better amp.

I've got a fixed bridge hellraiser in black cherry and it smokes. I personally will never buy a gibson because of their insane markups compared to other American made guitars, it's garbage. That and restricting dealership to music stores to keep their prices higher....bet not everyone knew that fun little tidbit you learn working in the industry. PRS and Rickenbackers are the same way, overpriced for the same thing in many cases.

i agree with you for gibson being overpriced and what not. but i already have the guitar and bought it for a very good price. that being said i think i have pretty decent amps compare to most people.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
It's really kind of stupid that anyone has voted for either guitar without asking what type of music you play or how much how much you would use a floyd rose.

That said, I'm a hypocrite anyway because I already voted for the Schecter. I hate Gibson.

i play mainly progressive rock and blues and sometime a bit of jazz fusion. recently i picked up avenged sevenfold, bfmv and couple j rock band like alice nine and the gazette. but i only need a guitar for the heavier stuff since i got my strat for the lighter materials.
Depens what guitar you like better I personally couldnt trade my RG for anything else unless it was an RG550, but yeah its your choice dude.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Well, A7X play Schecter, not that that's all the reason you need to make the change. Have you ever played a Schecter before? I personally love the way they feel, and a lot of people have compared the necks to Gibson necks, so you might not feel that it's very different at all in terms of playability.

Then you've got to consider the pros and cons of a floyd rose. If you only play in one tuning, or if you've got another guitar for alternate tunings, then I'd say go for it, because the locking nut keeps the guitar in tune for very long periods of time and the tremolo's always fun to play with. However, if you're constantly retuning your guitar and don't have another to keep in different tunings, the floyd will annoy the hell out of you. It takes much longer and a lot more effort to reutne a guitar with a floyd rose.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
the sg is an all around better guitar. you can use it for different sounds, and it's just an sg. thats all that needs to be said. good guitarists won't respect you if you sling around a metal axe. sg's are the real deal.
Sell the SG, get yourself a new Hellraiser and case.

I think you should get a profit.
ಠ_ಠ