My friend is looking at buying a new guitar and amp in february. He already has his heart set on an Jackson RR3, so i'm wondering what a good amp for him would be. he lives in an apartment and doesn't gig, so it can be small. His budget is approximately 400 dollars. He plays mainly metal such as Metallica, Bullet for My Valentine, and Sabbath. I'm recommending tube to him, but if any of you know of a good SS in that range, i'll take that into consideration.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
B-52 At-112.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm thinking 60w tube would be too loud.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
I'm thinking 60w tube would be too loud.

Theres no such thing as too loud. What do you think the volume knob is for??? Besides, in metal there isnt any power tube break up, its all preamp tube breakup. People keep on repeating that same rumor that tube amps dont sound good low. Go B-52, those are the best amps ever in that price range. I have the 212.
I don't know if tube would be the best option, since he probably can't crank it too loud in an apartment.
He comes over to my place (I live in the country, with a big barn) often during the summer, so he'll be able to crank it then.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Brownie2
I don't know if tube would be the best option, since he probably can't crank it too loud in an apartment.

You dont need to crank tube amps for them to sound good when your playing metal!! Why does everyone here jump on the "tube amps suck at low volumes" bandwagon??
Quote by bulletrocks522
You dont need to crank tube amps for them to sound good when your playing metal!! Why does everyone here jump on the "tube amps suck at low volumes" bandwagon??

i agree...to an extent.

Yes I believe that tubes sound better cranked, but even at low volumes they sound better than SS
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
Quote by bulletrocks522
Theres no such thing as too loud. What do you think the volume knob is for??? Besides, in metal there isnt any power tube break up, its all preamp tube breakup. People keep on repeating that same rumor that tube amps dont sound good low. Go B-52, those are the best amps ever in that price range. I have the 212.

Shut up.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music