Which (or do all) Telecaster models have enough space hollowed out in the bridge position to put in a humbucker? I don't have enough money to buy a Telecaster Plus, so I was thinking about one of those MIJ Teles from the 80's and 90's that sell for about $500 (if they have the humbucker cavity in the bridge, that is).
Google&Yahoo are you friends
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Musicians Friend used to have a double humbucker equpped tele on sale, I'm sure you could find it along with some custom job teles with humbuckers on eBay.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Musicians Friend used to have a double humbucker equpped tele on sale, I'm sure you could find it along with some custom job teles with humbuckers on eBay.

But I still want the single coil in the neck. Would it be worth it to buy an HH tele and switch out the neck pickup?
^Not likely then, it'd be routed for HH so the next best idea would be to stack two single coils in the neck like a humbucker and wire them to be individual or get a humbucker sized p90 for the neck. Either that or find a custom made tele with a single coil neck and humbucker bridge or buy a body routed like that and do the work yourself I'm afraid.
Last edited by Wakisazhi at Dec 30, 2008,
Stacked single my friend....Duncan makes Tele ones I know.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
^Nah he wants a tele with a normal single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge but can't afford a Telecaster Plus.

I offered the suggestion of an HH Tele but that wouldn't work since it'd be routed in the neck for a humbucker.
Another option is to hunt down the discontinued Squier Tele Special, not to be confused with the Special Telecaster.

This is a H-S model, Alder body, same body thickness and nut width as the Fender Tele, string-through bridge, Modern C neck profile. I just bought one for the old GC/MF close-out/clearance price of $90.

Quote by Ippon
Another option is to hunt down the discontinued Squier Tele Special, not to be confused with the Special Telecaster.

This is a H-S model, Alder body, same body thickness and nut width as the Fender Tele, string-through bridge, Modern C neck profile. I just bought one for the old GC/MF close-out/clearance price of $90.

i hate you

Edit: to answer TS, yes you can just get a double humbucking tele then put a single in the neck.
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
Last edited by Greenwood991 at Dec 30, 2008,